6505 Vs. PodXT

Just gave my student loan another dent today by shelling out $99 on the Gearbox plugin.

I normally find this kind of thing a bit pointless, but thought I'd try and get close to a 6505 tone I recorded recently. One clip is Gearbox plugin, one is 6505 mic'ed up. To me its fairly obvious which is which, but I have already caught out a few people so I thought I'd post this here. For what its worth the Gearbox clip is using internal cab sims and no EQ matching plugins or anything. Just gearbox :)

Clip 1

Clip 2

Place bets now!

EDIT: Cheers Kaomao for uploading them to your site :) Should be easier to listen to now.

somehow clip 2 sounds beefier in the low end, so I would guess thats the 6505. but what comes into my mind right now, the normal listener could never hear a difference. so why all that discussion about real amp or modellers? what do you think about that?

i think clip 2 is the 6505 as well, both sound killer tho! :)

I think 2 is the amp also. I always think amp modelers have a plastic sound during palm mutes. Thats the only thing i don't like about them but there getting dam good these days! :kickass:

hmm, listened again on my monitors, I like clip 1 just a little bit better!

they both sound really good.

I couldn't tell ya which is which. Good job on the test.

One request: could you post the settings for that L6 model?
I am curious to see if I can come up with the same results (or close to your result).
Thanks

I dont know if its the real amp, but i though clip 2 sounded alot better.
The first was abit undynamic in the leads, but it still sounded pretty damn good. ;)

FWIW - it doesn't play automatically for me either.
I have to click on the "MP3 Widgets" button, then press play on the Widget the pops up in the next window.

Very nice! Both sound great. I think clip 2 is the 6505. It has just a little more depth to it.

i'm guessing gearport on clip 1 too, it misses that depth the second clip has, stil a very good sound.

which model and settings did you use ?