7-string-strings...

Hexer

Nov 1, 2003
Germany
Visit site
hoi,

I got a GHS 7M set for my Ibanez RG7620, its 10-60.

I like the GHS-strings, but is there a 7-string-set out there with a heavier bottom-end? like maybe a 70 or something?
I like a bit more tension in the low-end for the faster rythm-stuff

thanks for any help!

switch your pickups. DIMARZIO!!!! i use a .58 and it sounds great. Strings that are too heavy will tear up the floyd rose type unit if the spring claw is screwed directly into the body, but if it has the little thing where you turn it with the allen wrench your ok. keep rockin man. If you could only play my bc rich . i set that thing up perfectly. plays like a dream. Hows ibanez workin for ya?

the Ibanez works nice so far, got it used a few weeks ago (it arrived exactly on 31. dezember lol) so I dindt have much time getting used to it so far (was very busy), but it seems its a cool guitar.
the guy that sold it had the PUs rewound and rewaxed, so they actually sound pretty nice now (may get new ones somewhen, but for now they're fine).
hmmm, tear up the floyd? well, the lopro edge7... I dunno... I've always used pretty heavy strings on my 6-strings, too... the floyds didnt really cause much problems
I'll stick with the 10-60 first, lets see if I get used to it

hey, I'd really like to play that BC Rich, which modell is it?

Babykabob: I like the 10 for high E, no problems with that. only thing I'd want heavyer are the low strings and I already have a 60 for the low B, so that set wont help me...

eaeolian: ah, thanks! someone else already showed me that page some time ago, but I had forgotten about it again ;)