8 fingers tapping muting question

Jeansen

New Metal Member
Jun 7, 2008
hello, Chris..i am new here and i am new fan of yours (really glad you are in megadeth!!!) n i really like your 8 fingers tapping playing...amazing, you are the best:headbang: but , i want to ask you something...i have watch for a while that sometimes, you use all 8 fingers in one string or 2 strings....my question is : how do you mute those "unplayed" strings when you are using all your 8 fingers on one string?
n do you know how Tj.Helmerich mute his unplayed strings when he is in that condition too? i need to ask you this too because i want to compare your ways to his, so later, after i've studied it, i can choose which one is the best for me...:)
thx u , from a fan of yours :) best success for you...:) megadeth rules!!!:headbang:

Thanks Jeansen,

the best answer I can give is to mute when ever you can. It's like added insurence the strings won't ring out and then when you can't mute, work your hardest to keep the other strings quite until you can get back to muting. I was working on a technique of muting the lower strings with the side of my right thumb but it comprimises the right hands ability to much.
Take care, Chris.