8-string Has Arrived!

I get the impression you're based in the UK. If so then how did you aquire one of these Agile BEASTS? :)

They ship this way, you'll just have to pay quite a lot in import taxes/a proper case so it doesnt get smashed to bits and of course shipping.

Let me say this: I'm no stranger to high-end guitars. I've owned some nice shit, not bragging, just stating for the purpose. This guitar is surprisingly NICE. The fit and finish is top-notch. No joke here, these things go for ~$800US new....blows the absolute crap out of the 8 that Ibanez offers on features and options...and costs a shit-ton less. I was just telling someone that it was between one of these and the Schecter C8 ($900US new), but the Schecter is in the gay trans red on quilt top (yuck!) so that was bust for me. I'm soooooooo glad I got this.

I'm actually interested in getting a 2nd one, but in the "darkburst" (resembles a darker version of Gibson's heritage cherry burst) on the ash body with bolt-on neck and ebony board.

Can't see the thru-neck on there though. :err:

they change stock alot, its really anoying 2bh,

i was going to get one of there 7 strings then when i finally had the money it wasn't on anymore, although I think they have it back now.

anyway hello guys (1st post)

MT01: Right now there is a batch being made, they will be ready in July. The bulk of those are guitars that are "reserved" for those that have put the 50% deposit down (these 8's are made to order for the most part). However, Kurt has said he always orders a few extra for stock, and usually at least 1 or 2 people have decided they don't want it and those go to stock as well. You can find some for sale on the sevenstring.org Guitar For Sale section in their forum for cheap. Or just wait until July and snag a brand new one on the site.

Hamish: I know man, when I wanted to order the 5-string bass from them it wasn't available for months, then all of a sudden it came back. Annoying, but some of the stuff is worth the wait.

I stand by rondomusic.com 100%. As I've mentioned in other threads, I own 4 of their instruments and they all kick ass. The owner responds to ALL customer services questions and is very kind and helpful. He's really out to make the customer happy.

Öwen;8202814 said:
They ship this way, you'll just have to pay quite a lot in import taxes/a proper case so it doesnt get smashed to bits and of course shipping.

Yep, added a hard case, paid the imports, got me an 8 string :D

they change stock alot, its really anoying 2bh,

i was going to get one of there 7 strings then when i finally had the money it wasn't on anymore, although I think they have it back now.

anyway hello guys (1st post)

They can't make too many, since 8s are still a relatively small market - the operator is very helpful, though, and if you have any questions about restocking something he'll get back to you very quickly.

I have two Rondo instruments, and they win.

Jeff