90s Alternative/Post-Grunge

Yeah, those bands had some great stuff. I was huge into Incubus in middle school. I haven't really listened to them at all though since tenth grade. After they released that album with Wish You Were Here I just lost interest. I'd bet they'd be fun live. Stellar was a great song.

Also, I was in a bar the other night and Filter came on the radio. It was that song "Hey man, nice shot." I can't remember the exact title; but it was very nostalgic. That was a great song.

Also, I was in a bar the other night and Filter came on the radio. It was that song "Hey man, nice shot." I can't remember the exact title; but it was very nostalgic. That was a great song.
lol that was the name of the song actually "hey man nice shot". Short Bus was a decent album.

Morning View is their best album next to S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

Ah, that was the name. I don't know, I only liked maybe three songs off Morning View. I just couldn't get into it. But it might have been because my tastes were changing. That was released around the time I started becoming heavily infatuated with Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and other classic rock acts.

lol that was the name of the song actually "hey man nice shot". Short Bus was a decent album.

Good guess. :cool:

Better than Make Yourself? Surely not.

I actually think that might have been my favorite album by them... although Fungus Amongus and S.C.I.E.N.C.E. were pretty cool too. They were a solid band, no doubt.

Apparently for no reason at all.

But I do have something to talk about actually. Live recently broke up, for those who hadn't heard. Ed Kowalczyk (their vocalist) apparently demanded a large sum of money for what he called a "lead singer bonus" to play an upcoming festival. He's always struck me as a bit of a prima donna, but that's just unnecessary and really disappointing. If Ed thinks he's the heart and soul of that band he's dead wrong, because Dalheimer, Taylor and Gracey are all fucking great musicians.

It's a sub-genre of alternative that emerged after the height of the grunge scene. Most bands in the post-grunge era had only a few hits, and ended up on those BUZZ compilations. There are some really good bands that came out of this time, though. Some of the bands include:

Collective Soul

Live
Incubus

The 3 bands I like from this list.I like the song Everlong from the Foo Fighters and Machinehead from Bush.

I just heard that.Fucking sucks.They were sucking before for a while now.

I disagree. I've actually enjoyed their past few albums, although V and Birds of Pray were not as good as their other releases. However, their most recent record, Songs From Black Mountain, was very good (I thought).

This kind of music irritated the shit out of me back in the day. I mean, hip hop and mainstream pop and country were terrible enough, but this is the kind of shit that people of reasonable intelligence who actually cared somewhat about music would listen to, as if it were the 'sound of our generation' or whatever. In particular there was a friend of mine in college who would blast a lot of Incubus in his car (along with fucking Muse) when driving groups of us around to eat or do other stuff, and I always kinda wanted to rip out his MP3 player and toss it onto the road. It's not terrible music exactly, but it's pretty shallow and the vocals are obnoxious as hell.

Apparently for no reason at all.

But I do have something to talk about actually. Live recently broke up, for those who hadn't heard. Ed Kowalczyk (their vocalist) apparently demanded a large sum of money for what he called a "lead singer bonus" to play an upcoming festival. He's always struck me as a bit of a prima donna, but that's just unnecessary and really disappointing. If Ed thinks he's the heart and soul of that band he's dead wrong, because Dalheimer, Taylor and Gracey are all fucking great musicians.

I hadn't heard that. I am so disappointed and sad. Seeing Live live remains to this day one of the most moving and incredible performances I've seen. I remember the date and everything, May 25, 2001. It was at an outdoor amphitheater and it was raining lightly and hearing "Run To The Water" from the lawn area gave me the most amazing chills.

Glad this thread got bumped, I've been really craving this kind of music recently. Einherjar if your username is any indication of your age, I was born in '86 too and I am already clinging to the mid-late nineties with a strong sense of nostalgia. Stuff like Primus, Ween, Incubus sometimes, all those dudes who were on the "Godzilla" (1998) movie soundtrack...

I hadn't heard that. I am so disappointed and sad. Seeing Live live remains to this day one of the most moving and incredible performances I've seen. I remember the date and everything, May 25, 2001. It was at an outdoor amphitheater and it was raining lightly and hearing "Run To The Water" from the lawn area gave me the most amazing chills.

SPAC