90s Alternative/Post-Grunge

No just guessing, outside ampitheater, lawn tickets sounded like Saratoga Performing Arts Theater. I havent been there in decades, last time would have been 86 or 87 for the Newport Jazz fesitval, which was a beautiful day.

I should go again for nostalgias sake. Went many times in the 70's. Chicago, Jesus Christ Superstar, Outlaws/Skynyrd, Billy Joel, Heart, Black Oak Arkansas must have been others. Was like a mini Woodstock, all along the walkways was a venders of whats what in drugs.

The Palace is terrible if your fool enough to buy balcony seats. I heard some horrible concerts up there, Rush/BOC especially. Uriah Heep was good and had great sound up there for some reason, Santana was great, Robert Cray top shelf, Mahagony Rush was fair. The bass just gets up in that ceiling and BOOMS you can hear nothing but bass resonance with the LOUD bands. More recently we went to see Queensryche do the full OMC, had balcony tickets and they werent done with the first song and I said bullshit, looking over the balcony I could see empty seats below and down we went, sound was fine down there.

They had quite a riot at SPAC summer of 75. J Geils never took the stage or walked off, I forget and the crowd wrecked the place. My friends were there but I was at Berklee and glad I missed it, not much on "scenes"

Then we had the "Colonie Tent" where Dad drug us to see Tom Jones, Sanatra and others Im more ashamed to mention. Today I would love to see Tom Jones live in his prime and Sanatra especially although at that time he was already past his prime. I had to hate it back then of course.

I hadn't heard that. I am so disappointed and sad. Seeing Live live remains to this day one of the most moving and incredible performances I've seen. I remember the date and everything, May 25, 2001. It was at an outdoor amphitheater and it was raining lightly and hearing "Run To The Water" from the lawn area gave me the most amazing chills.

Glad this thread got bumped, I've been really craving this kind of music recently. Einherjar if your username is any indication of your age, I was born in '86 too and I am already clinging to the mid-late nineties with a strong sense of nostalgia. Stuff like Primus, Ween, Incubus sometimes, all those dudes who were on the "Godzilla" (1998) movie soundtrack...

They are (or, were) such a phenomenal band. I saw them live twice (once in their hometown of York, PA; and the second time in Tampa) and both times they just put on an awesome show. And I actually can say that I enjoy all their albums, although V and Birds of Pray are slightly less than stellar. Mental Jewelry, Throwing Copper, The Distance to Here, Secret Samadhi and their most recent, Songs From Black Mountain, are all great records.

EDIT: and yes, I was born in '86. :cool: