A 35 Minute Set? WTF!

Thanks for the response Caotico, hopefully you guys get to play at least 40 min. when you come to TX. I guess I never thought about how bad it sucks to be in a situation where you're constantly traveling in a foreign country, away from your family, for weeks at a time, to only be playing for about half an hour a night, I'm glad you guys appreciate your American fans enough to come over here and kick our asses, something which a lot of European bands don't seem to do. I'll be right up front, screaming my head off and supporting DT as much as possible, you guys rule!

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
I'm glad you guys appreciate your American fans enough to come over here and kick our asses, something which a lot of European bands don't seem to do.

Well...I'm sure that 99% of all the bands from here would love to tour the states, but it's very difficult to actually make it happen. It's hilariously expensive when you take work visas, airplane tickets, crew wages and bus rent into account, and most labels just aren't able to invest/risk that sort of money. So it really hasn't to do about whether or not a band wants to play there or not. We tried to get our asses overseas for several years, so we're very happy that it finally is happening. :)

1. Fat Slice pizza in San Fran is the greatest pizza your face will ever taste!

2. I'm going to the show on thursday, most likely leaving after DT... I have not seen DT live yet so I figure I might as well even if its not a long set... I'm sure the show will be amazing and they seem to be playing great sets (I might orgasm and/or cry during "My Negation") !!

Gums said:
i'm more surprised than anything. just two years ago i watched hypocrisy headline a show in which soilwork (and killswitch engage) played for half as long. crazy, i tell ya. i guess soilwork's popularity has increased lots with their latest releases? silly, imo, given the assmunching quality of FNF and STD.

ah well, i'm just pumped about getting to see DT for the first time. i wanna make one of the boys a shirt, but i don't know what to put on it.

The same thing happened to me. I remember seeing Soilwork open for Hypocrisy 2 years ago, hell it was almost 3 wasn't it? Summer 02? .

Anyways, I'm just stoked to see DT for the first time.