A 35 Minute Set? WTF!

Good thread man, I was about to come here and bitch about the short set time as well, can anyone tell me why Soilwork is getting over an hour and DT only gets about half the time? I've never heard anyone say that they love Soilwork or even like them much, as compared to DT, who has lots of die-hard fans. Every review I've seen says that Character destroys Stabbing The Drama. If anyone can help me to understand why DT is getting disrespected like this, I'd really like to know because it is baffling to me.

actually, it is annoying to me, too. if they do play in mexico city, i might just wait for that instead of going to texas, at least id get a full show
i've already seen hypocrisy anyways, and not too interested in the others

If it makes any of you feel any better, I can say that I definitely had an amazing experience in the 35 minutes of Dark Tranquillity that I saw two days ago. It totally blew me away... and at the time I had no idea that it was only 35 minutes. I only found that out when I read it here!

I did know that Soilwork played for way too long though...jeez.
DT seemed to have more intense fans anyway...Soilwork had more of stupid-looking people moshing, but DT had people that you could tell were just like genuinely impressed by the music.

I hope DT does do a headlining tour of the US sometime, but this isn't so bad!

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
Good thread man, I was about to come here and bitch about the short set time as well..
Why come and bitch here? It's not like it's our fault or the band's.
It would be much more constructive if you ungrateful people took your bitching to those who decide these things.

Too much energy spent in the wrong way, tsk tsk.

And btw, mr. Jones and every other Jones, i don't understand why we have to convince you to go to the show. If you don't like it that the set is too short, you don't have to go. I know i'm not (going).

i'm more surprised than anything. just two years ago i watched hypocrisy headline a show in which soilwork (and killswitch engage) played for half as long. crazy, i tell ya. i guess soilwork's popularity has increased lots with their latest releases? silly, imo, given the assmunching quality of FNF and STD.

ah well, i'm just pumped about getting to see DT for the first time. i wanna make one of the boys a shirt, but i don't know what to put on it.

Hi people! In Milwaukee now, relaxing and preparing for the gig and devouring slices of greasy pizzas to cure our massive metal hangovers. Last night's show in Chicago was awesome; probably the best response ever for us in the US. Things are definitely feeling good, and all bands are doing a killer job onstage.

Us and Hypocrisy normally have 40 minutes each, though sometimes (like yesterday) we have to cut the set short due to delays/technical problems. Naturally, we like to play as long as possible on any given tour, but there isn't much point in complaining as this is how it works. It's Soilwork's tour and we're the support band (it was never supposed to be advertised as a co-headline trip; dunno where that came from). If we do a good enough job on this tour, the chances of us being able to come back for a headline trip and play a full show increase.

As I wrote during the Nile tour (tried to find the post, but due to the missing search function it seemed impossible), it's frustrating for the bands as well to travel across the world and being away for a month and play for such a short time - but it's just how it works and you can either accept it or simply not do any touring. But the 40 minutes or so we have will definately be worth your time, believe me ;)

Nik, man, I guarantee that me and Mag will help NYC beat out that crazy little town called Chicago. Hell, if they've got one of the triplets, having two at one show's gotta be even better.

But seriously, I can't wait to see you guys here again, and I don't care how long the set is - I already know the quality, and I'm nothing but psyched.

~kov.

Siren said:
Why come and bitch here? It's not like it's our fault or the band's.
It would be much more constructive if you ungrateful people took your bitching to those who decide these things.

Too much energy spent in the wrong way, tsk tsk.

And btw, mr. Jones and every other Jones, i don't understand why we have to convince you to go to the show. If you don't like it that the set is too short, you don't have to go. I know i'm not (going).

Well the band do chooses who they sign with and who manages them and they renewed their contract with CM so i wouldnt go as far as saying as they are with no control over things, if they are happy with the way things are and are happy to be treated like second class openers so be it, but i wont pretend they dont have any say on it either.

So, what do american pizzas taste like? ;) *wink, wink* I know a DT member who thinks pizzas in Majorna are the best :D

Have fun, Caotico ;)

While I'm not complaining, I don't quite get why the headliner would insist on a 40 minutes set, as opposed to say an hour set, especially for weekend gigs.

By the way, what is the order of appearance for this tour? Does Nemic go on first, followed by Hypocrissy, and then DT?

Zod

I'm gonna have to insist that the NYC pizza beats all others. And from experience, I'd say it'll be Mnemic, then DT, Hypocrisy, and Soilwork. I don't know why I'd put DT second, but that just seems like what they'd do.

~kov.

Oh, so they are playing third? Awesome - I just had this feeling that they'd be stuck playing second again. Or worst, opening for sub-[their]par bands again. (shudders, remembering the DT/Sentenced/KSE/IF lineup)

~kov.