A Band Called 'Thine'.

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
Anyone heard them?

They are (or were?) on Peaceville and they had a track on the Terrorizer magazine Peaceville sampler disk called 'In Therapy'.

And the more I listen to it.. the more I love it.

It's fantastic!!

Does anyone know anything about them? They remind me of Katatonia, to be honest, and I'd love to hear more of them. 'In Therapy' is an amazingly emotional song- it hurts inside like Katatonia.

I got thier debut, "A Town Like This" and it's quite a comlex album. It has some good melancholic parts, much like Katatonia, but also some weird solutions like blastbeats etc. But overall the album possesses a very twisted atmosphere which is always a good thing. But that album needs time...
I think that they have made their 2nd album and it waits for its release?

You have the sampler too requiem? cool,there are some strange bands on don't you think? for example the electro hippies...

i like the song from thine too, it's kind of developing more and more throughout itself and the voice sounds very nice,reminds me a bit of anathema.
When AG existed i looked for thine,but it couldn't find anything.

BTW,what do you think about the song before that one from thine? beyond dawn-increasing the gravity.
of course it's not comparable to katatonia stylish music but i like it very much, it has got some very very interesting rhythm patterns i think and is somehow warm,what do you think?

Originally posted by Don Corleone
someone please describe their music.

Damn, it's almost impossible... Progressive and atmospheric metal with rock-influences, clean male vocals (some female vocals too), some Katatonia and Anathema feeling, piano/keyboards added too... Aaargh, what can I say more... Find some reviews and read them...
BTW, Thine made VERY good Nick Cave cover (Song of Joy) to Peaceville's "X" compilation... It's very haunting and crushing song...
And about Beyond Dawn: I have their "Revelry"-abum and it kicks ass! Something like The Cure and Katatonia, also trumpets and that kind of stuff... Very melancholic...

Originally posted by falling bird

BTW,what do you think about the song before that one from thine? beyond dawn-increasing the gravity.

The Beyond Dawn song on the compilation I have is called 'Cigarette' and is something like track 6. The Thine song is track 1.

Beyond Dawn are ok.. the didn't blow me out of the water. My friend has 'Revelry' and I love the first track I think it is.

I guess Thine's new album is still waiting to be released. What a pity, because they are a great band (if the song I have is anthing to go by).

hey klemi, are we talking about the same "beyond dawn"?
i think there are 2 bands with that name already, the album from the beyond dawn i mean is called far from showbiz.
but tell me more about this "melancholic" album as you described it,something between the cure and katatonia...sounds very interesting.

Originally posted by falling bird
hey klemi, are we talking about the same "beyond dawn"?
i think there are 2 bands with that name already, the album from the beyond dawn i mean is called far from showbiz.
but tell me more about this "melancholic" album as you described it,something between the cure and katatonia...sounds very interesting.

Well, THAT Beyond Dawn what I talk about is from Norway... And that "Revelry" album, it's quite mid-tempo stuff, with a LITTLE bit Nick Cave-like vocals and very misty feeling... And it has amazing trombone (?) + maybe other horns... They are now on Peaceville and their style is now more electro-influenced... I guess you can find more info from www.peaceville.com
BTW, if anyone wants to sell Beyond Dawn's "Pity Love" or "Electric Sulking Machine", please contact: antklem@cc.jyu.fi