A BAND SO GODDAMN AWESOME IT DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
Click here if you like awesome doom. Holy fuck. I'm fucking flattened.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2qLY4KHCYE&feature=related[/ame]

The doom riffs are pretty clear cut good stuff, but the vocals sound like a salad between system of a down and possibly pearl jam? Needs some refining as far as I'm concerned, but I'll keep it in the 'maybe' pile.

LOL SOTD and PJ? Really?

To me it's a perfect cross between Slough Feg and Solitude Aeturnus. These are the best vocals I've heard in a doom band in a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

I agree, that does sound like Slough Feg meets Solitude Aeturnus vocally, awesome.

The guitars are a bit too sludgy for my liking, but I'm definitely checking out this album.

Oops, I meant to write SOAD, not SOTD. It was 4 am.

"See the throne surrounded by biiiiiiiitcheeeees, the kiiiiing iiiiiiis bliiiiiiiiiind..."

Whoa.

And live, the vocals are still fantastic. They're from Spain...what a great vocalist to be from a Latin country.

Last edited by a moderator:
This could be sooooo much heavier with better vocals. I was groovin' out good until the vocals started and pissed my ears off. Just doesn't seem like a proper match with the music to me.

Funny, the vocals are my favorite part of it. I've listened to the rest of the cd, and the guy must've been in a Soundgarden cover band because on Sovereign he wails exactly like Cornell. They listed Soundgarden as one of their main influences, and I can see why.

He gets really, really bluesy on that track too. It's interesting. Bah, there's enough growling in doom as it is.