A BAND SO GODDAMN AWESOME IT DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD

good thread...some drama and some alright music. I dig the vocals of Horn of the Rhino. Reminds me of a Chris Cornell version of the guy from Warning in his feel. Obviously he isn't as doom and gloom as that guy but yeah. And yes, some parts are definitely Robert Lowe.

E-Bortion...come on man. Are you just saying that because everyone else here has bashed Det Som Engang Var? I think if DSEV says shit that pisses people off it's because they've said shit to him that pissed him off. For all I know no one here is better than anyone else.

I never understood ass burger's. From what I gather, it's a mental disorder where the person has no ability to restrain what he or she says, so they often come across as extremely rude or crass. However, that sounds like mild tourette's to me. I'm not gonna play internet doctor here (hehehehe) but they say it's not a tick. Therefore, if it's not a tick like tourette's, then that means the person CAN control what he or she says and it's up to the parents to explain what is right and wrong.

In short, the more I hear about Asperger's the more it sounds like an excuse to be a dick. Not saying there's any truth to that, but I have NEVER met anyone or spoken with anyone who claimed to have Asperger's until internet trolling became popular, nor have I ever come into contact with anyone being a dick who quite frankly wasn't just a plain ole dick.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate for a bit and be honest; I've been a dick quite a few times on the internet, especially here (what an understatement). In the past few years I've mellowed quite a bit with age, but I'm gonna be honest and just say that even though I stick up for myself and others and can be overzealous at times (another understatement), I would never claim it was due to some mental deficiency. I was being rude and just a dick even if I was in the right. Looking back when I first came back to the forum after a prolonged hiatus, I had a lot of pent up aggression due to frustration over social trends and personal interactions I viewed as unjust, and I just let it all out over the net. The good thing is that the internet was a great way to get rid of it and get back to being a chill dude, but it took about 4 years....that's a lot of pent up anger. The bad part about it is that the internet is full of real people, and I have offended and maybe even hurt other real people's feelings in the process.

Therefore, if I had gone to a psychologist exemplifying my behavior of being very critical, cynical, and even boorish without regard to others, would that psychologist have diagnosed me with Asperger's or would he/she have just said "you're just a dick"? In my opinion, it was just me being a dick and having such a huge amount of dickishness built up inside of me (uhhhhhhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh..."dick inside of me"...uuuuhhhhhhuhhhhuhuhuhuh) that needed purging. Somewhere along the way I think that genuine Asperger's was replaced by "you're actually a dick but we're gonna diagnose you with a real disorder that reflects similar tendencies so we can make money".
Edit: misread you post but ill leave mine up anyway, in case someone actually gives a fuck.

My brother is autistic (severely) so I do know quite a bit about this subject. Aspergers syndrome is in essence a very mild form of autism. There are however many people who do exactly what you say, the same goes for autism (my child is not stupid, hes just very mildly autistic! Here doctor, have some money and tell me Im right!)
But to dismiss the syndrome entirely is not right. Being a dick is not actually a symptom of aspergers, extreme social incompetence is though. Speaking from personal experience, the times someone with said syndrome pissed me off it was not intentional (in one case they thought they were doing me a favour). When you sit for an hour in an empty class room even though the class was canceled because you simply dont know how to cope with that change, you have difficulty making eye contact ever briefly and you start making odd noises at random times because they amuse you youre bound to anger someone sooner or later.

See, that makes sense. Extreme social incompetence =/= being a dick, however. I see a lot of people "diagnosed" with Asperger's, and I've always thought that Asperger's was a mild form of autism, when one would act as if he or she were the only person in the world. Some people can be put off by that if they don't realize it's a disorder, true. But being a dick by the things you say and APPEARING to not care about other's feelings are two completely different things. I'm gonna go ahead and say that most cases of Asperger's seem to be "give me an excuse for my being a dick", at least when it comes to those who say rude and mean things on purpose. I call bullshit on all of that. It's not a tick so it's not Tourette's. It's a mild form of autism. Being brutally honest about something when you've got Asperger's isn't the same thing as being an asshole, and I think most people don't realize that. People with Asperger's say what comes to their mind but they have control of it; they just APPEAR to be callous and frigid. I've never seen a real person with Asperger's say the same things as someone who's just being a dick.

Eh, I'm just a dick. No mental issues here. I'm quite a social individual as well, so I don't really fall under the realm of Asperger's. Seriously, I'm just a dick :) I think some of you forget the things I've posted in the past just to push buttons, hard. I've actually cooled down in the last few years. Sometimes, though, I just can't help myself. For the record, I do actually think John is an idiot. I suppose I could be more tactful in letting that be known :lol: Seriously, though. I just enjoy writing lengthy hateful posts with no real meaning behind them because this is the internet and that's what I do. Am I a terrible person? Probably. Do I care? Depends. Would I ever use a mental condition as a scape goat regarding my actions? Hell no.

Eh, I'm just a dick. No mental issues here. I'm quite a social individual as well, so I don't really fall under the realm of Asperger's. Seriously, I'm just a dick :) I think some of you forget the things I've posted in the past just to push buttons, hard. I've actually cooled down in the last few years. Sometimes, though, I just can't help myself. For the record, I do actually think John is an idiot. I suppose I could be more tactful in letting that be known :lol: Seriously, though. I just enjoy writing lengthy hateful posts with no real meaning behind them because this is the internet and that's what I do. Am I a terrible person? Probably. Do I care? Depends. Would I ever use a mental condition as a scape goat regarding my actions? Hell no.
I've always felt like it's so much harder and less rewarding to be an asshole than it is to be nice and cordial. I always feel guilty afterwards when I'm a dick to somebody intentionally, even if they deserve it.

Ah well, I guess it just comes naturally for some folks.

Yeah, in real life I'm a kind individual through and through. This, however, is a forum. If anyone takes it seriously, they're doing it wrong.

I've always felt like it's so much harder and less rewarding to be an asshole than it is to be nice and cordial. I always feel guilty afterwards when I'm a dick to somebody intentionally, even if they deserve it.

Ah well, I guess it just comes naturally for some folks.

Yeah, that's my problem. I feel better when I put someone in their place...for about five minutes. Then I feel like a dick and start feeling guilty, that is, unless they truly deserved it.

2ivb8gj.jpg

Yeah, in real life I'm a kind individual through and through. This, however, is a forum. If anyone takes it seriously, they're doing it wrong.
The internet is part of the real world, bro. Is every single person that says something mean on the internet just messing around? Where's the line? How are we supposed to know? I'm tired of this whole "oh stop taking the internet so seriously" shit that trolls are always yapping about.

Bottom line... you're being a dick and that makes you a dick, regardless of whether or not you only do it online. If you want to be a dick, that's totally cool. But using the old "on the internet" justification doesn't magically make it all OK to anyone but yourself. You're still a dick and you can go ahead and think I'm mad all you want. To me, the more you carry this shit on, the more ridiculous you become.

Currently digging this band. French progressive black metal. Lots of really nice acoustic work. It's almost like Morningrise-era Opeth meets Empyrium.

Last edited by a moderator: