A BAND SO GODDAMN AWESOME IT DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD

What on earth are you and Craysh smoking?

Srsly! Dem niggaz be trippin'! Ok, he has a good vibrato, but there are tons of ppl who use vibrato when they sing besides Serg...and Serg's vibrato fucking sucks.

Also, he's a baritone. Yes, Eddie Vedder is a baritone as well, but so is/was Layne Staley, Scott Weiland, Scott Stapp, Nickelback singer, etc...however, the difference is that this guy can actually sing, unlike Stapp and Nickelback singer, who just stay in the same registry because they can't go anywhere else.

Listen to Sovereign and you can add Chris Cornell to that list. Chris Cornell isn't a baritone, so that means this guy is so fucking good that he can go from low baritone vibrato all the way up to soprano like Cornell...and not Cornell right now. Cornell circa Jesus Christ Pose. Right around the 3:45 mark.

If you wanna know who he sounds like when he's singing low, he sounds more like the singer for Cold, not Eddie Vedder. Just because someone's a baritone, they always get the "Oh he sounds like Eddie Vedder", even when it's wrong...I hate that shit. If we goan start talkin' shit, let's git da shit right...nowgga.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vocals are very Giant Squid, so A-OK by me. Good find!

I was searching for some more stuff by The Atlas Moth when I came across HOTR. The Atlas Moth may be more up some of your alleys...a bit more abrasive and less sludgy. New Atlas Moth album is awesome, though.

This one's my favorite of the album, I think. It's really trippy, with a good mix of abrasive and clean vox.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9h_au-NweY&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AV4oVf-d_DwKByqSzMDYs6TAkYCD8Msh9V[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don;t post shit up like this here

1) the mix is fuck, drummer is way out of time
2) this is not a song but a jam
3) singer sounds like eddie V
4) this is grunge that doesn't go away, sludge what you wouldn't know sludge anyway.

Huh sounds a bit like a mix of Kyuss and Isole. The vocals are not what I expected but they do give it that epic doom metal feeling. Very good!

dunno if i would really call this band sludge. the argument could be made because this is some pretty damn filthy guitar tone, but i think the vocals keep it more on the doom side.

well good, it shouldnt phase you. i wasnt personally offended when you called one of my favorite genres a wretched excuse for music, nor was a i joking about reaching for Bongzilla over borknagar EVERY TIME.

I dunno...doom/sludge/downtempo (if they're done well) give me a different feeling than pretty much everything else in heavy music. I like HOTR because they create an atmosphere with their music, and that atmosphere kinda hypnotizes me. It's the only genre where I can listen to the entire band play and not try and pick out each instrument.

It's very ambient without even being ambient music. Speaking of which, I really like Caspian. They're this post-rock/doom/ambient band and their shit is fucking addictive.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_jtHtOLI4s&feature=related[/ame]

Yeah, I don't think HOTR is actually sludge, though. It's more like drone and doom.

John, the album from Caspian you want is called Tertia...it's a great album, and you absolutely must listen to the song Sycamore.

I know I said the vocals resembled a couple other vocalist, but I am in no way saying that the vocals are terrible. The music is not bad by any means, it is just a required taste. - For the record