A Call From Zetro......And I review The New Exodus Album

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
Now that I've heard it a few more times, I have to say it's the best Thrash Album I've heard in a long, long time, Exodus at top form, totally solid from beginning to end.....The best Vocals Steve "Zetro" Souza has ever put on a full album......The best production(thanks to Andy Sneap) of any Exodus album to date......This album will do for them what The Gathering did for Testament, in fact Exodus has risen to the same level as Testament with this new release....The H-Team has really put some fabulous Chunky, groove orientated guitars rythums, in grand Exodus style......It's up to Exo-date, it's a cross between Fabulous & Impact, with great production, and for me, goes beyond those 2 albums, where Fabulous sounds alittle commerical, Tempo does not, where Impact is not as solid on awhole, this one exceeds.......The leads are just as good if not better than pleasures, better than anything since Bonded.....Hunting's drums are not as good as Bonded or Pleasures(but those are classics), but his beats & fills, are very solid and set the pace of every song, there's even an intro(Shroud Of Urine) he does that reminds me(but different) of Til Death Do Us Part........And Jack's Bass performance is the best of any Exodus album including Bonded By Blood, you can hear the bass guitar finally, this was always a weak point of the band, but now it's a strong point......This album is strong from start to finish, and unlike prior releases since Pleasures, you can listen to the whole album, over and over, and enjoy the whole thing, thats what really makes a great album.......And this is it, it's simply the best effort anyone could want or expect, it is for me at least......
The return of The Slay Team.....it raises there status above Anthrax, by leaps & bounds, & seats them on an equal level with Testament(IMO).......As Zetro says in "Forward March"....A New Reign Of Terror......Tempo Of The Damned is a Groove orientated Master Riffing album.....This is exactly what Exodus needed, and the fans get!

Zetro called me tonight, I spent 20 minutes talking to him, First thing he said was "well........Walt, what do you think?".......and I told him the truth(I always do), exactly what I already wrote.......He said ....."If this does'nt give Exodus fans what they really want, then nothing will ever satisfy them."........He knows this is his best work to date(vocally).......he agrees the production is the best Exodus has ever achieved.......he likes the whole effort, and looks forward to regaining ground & satus, that the band had lost, and the years of waiting is finally over, The new Exodus has arrived........We are living in the future 2004, ......not 1987......and this does the trick......he wants to tour & looks forward to this Summer with Festivals in Europe, and touring the states fully.......He knows the bands not getting any younger, and wants to seize the moment....He and the rest of the band are very proud of this effort & wants it to be released upon the World!......We talked about all the great reviews that are coming in, and he is just really happy, right now......He deserves it and so does the rest of the band......He said the last studio album, Force Of Habit, was in a time when there was no internet or downloading, he's not afraid of it leaking out(and knows it has already), he thinks it will make people buy the album, by sharing it in a way that the other albums never had.....He said..."they(fans) are going to hear it(On the internet), and then wanna buy it"......"the kids want the whole package, art work, lyric's, & the photo's"....."I'm not worried, friends of mine have called me and asked if they could download the album, and I'm like sure, do it"....."I know they will buy the product when it becomes avaiable"....."and I want people to hear my music, any way they can, thats what its really all about"...."this is the future and thats a fact of life now"..."The more people that have a chance to hear it, the more people are going to buy it".......Last thing he said was..."I glad you like it, that means alot to me, thanks".........And I told him looks like Testament & Exodus might be playing some the same festivals this Summer, he said that will be real fun, and he can't wait to hit the stage!.........."I'm looking forward to this year, its gonna be big for Exodus"..........

01. Scar Spangled Banner(this could of been right off Fabulous, great groove)
02. War Is My Shepherd(strong song, & there EP title track)
03. Blacklist(totally new & very Exodus, slower pace, mid tempo, great guitar groove, Gary Holt Whammy Bar Master)
04. Shroud Of Urine(Tom drum intro, like the lyric's, evil sounding vocals, totally Gary Holt, most Melodic Duo leads, but twisted & heavy)
05. Forward March(The Epic song (7 & a half minutes of guitar heaven, classic Exo)
06. Culling The Herd(another heavy fast track)
07. Sealed With A Fist(The best reworked Exo-song, & I like it alot)
08. Throwing Down(The weakest song on the album(but still solid), vintage Wardance, not Exodus, but it is still it belongs, just a different slower pace)
09. Impaler(A classic redone, better than the original, one of my favorites)
10. Tempo Of The Damned (the fastest song last, and a lasting Impression)

exodus_tempo.jpg

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

i couldnt agree more.
to me this record blows force of habit out of the water and is a more complete album than fabulous, impact or pleasure!
hopefully exodus will its way up into the northeastern part of america soon!

This disc sounds like a fuckin smoker! :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

I didnt know they re-did Impaler. I thought the live version with Paul
on Another Lesson in Violence was awesome.
Can't wait to hear this. The bay area's been kinda quiet lately,
and it sounds like Exodus is gonna f--- s--- up!

The return of The Slay Team.....it raises there status above Anthrax, by leaps & bounds, & seats them on an equal level with Testament(IMO)......This is exactly what Exodus needed, and the fans get!
Well, call me an a-hole, but if something terrible happened and there
was only 1 member of Exodus and that one member one had one arm,
it would still kick the holy shit out of Anthrax. I didnt even think Anthrax
was still around? Are they?

Hey Is there going to be an Exo, Test tour????

-OfficerNice

Strong vocals (I always loved his voice....has character), with strong, chunky grooves, hard leads....that's all I'm looking for.

Thanks for the preview. I trust your opinion.

OF....I never cared for Anthrax too much...it was just a band I knew I supposed to like (given my taste) but never got into...LOVED ARMORED SAINT.

Well, I will put my two cents in when I hear it. Walter? :worship: I can't wait. Great writing too! Will this be part of the "book"? I'm still wondering if you are going to do it.

What a healthy attitude Zetro has. He is right......the more people that hear it on the internet, the better. If I dwnd and I liked it, I would definately go out and buy it.

Thanks for sharing. I hope they do a show here in LB, Testament & Exo that is.

HAHAHA, actually LB is really nice downtown. There is this mexican restaraunt that is DAMN GOOD , can't remember the name, "Super Mex" ???? But in some areas, yeah, you need to wear a bullet-proof vest . </african accent> haha

Super Mex is also in NoLB. About 10 years ago, they cleaned up downtown. I used to work in the International Towers. Nice view of the Grand Prix. You shouldn't have seen it before they cleaned it up. Bag people everywhere. Really sad if you ask me. Oh well, just reminds me of this grocery strike bullshit. They want me to pay for their $45.00 worth of health insurance? I say, get a fucking job somewhere else. I spoke to this lady while Xmas shopping who was on disability and only worked part time? I wonder how that happened and I told her that she should get a job when she goes back somewhere else.....straight fucking up ya know? She told me that it is too hard to get another job. Those kind of people are losers if you ask me. I will cross that picket line. One of the clerks stopped me and asked me to go to Stater Bros and I told her no way. I'm NOT going to stand in line for 1 hr just to get shit paper! It just goes to show you that they might end up on the streets just because of their stupidity!

Well well well , I got the FULL CD today and the recent positive reviews are right on. This is definitely a must get record when it gets officially released ( I will buy it when it comes out as well) and I'm impressed with how true to their roots Exodus has stayed with this new release. Thrash Metal !

Andy Sneap has done it again , the recording is clean, crisp, and sounds "tight". You can actually hear the bass ! haha ! Every instrument can be heard clean and clear.
Riffs are tight and crunchy, very thrashy. I know it's been said

before, but Zet sounds killer. This is definately some of his best work ever.

The melodic solos in 04. Shroud Of Urine and 05. Forward March

are pure metal , and nothing less. Lots of feeling and melody

that show with the experience that Gary has for his instrument.

If I had to pick my favorite tracks thus far (hearing all the

songs twice today)

01. Scar Spangled Banner

04. Shroud Of Urine

05. Forward March

10. Tempo Of The Damned

Fuckin Exodus ! :headbang:

hiddenlegions said:
Well well well , I got the FULL CD today and the recent positive reviews are right on. This is definitely a must get record when it gets officially released ( I will buy it when it comes out as well) and I'm impressed with how true to their roots Exodus has stayed with this new release. Thrash Metal !

Andy Sneap has done it again , the recording is clean, crisp, and sounds "tight". You can actually hear the bass ! haha ! Every instrument can be heard clean and clear.
Riffs are tight and crunchy, very thrashy. I know it's been said

before, but Zet sounds killer. This is definately some of his best work ever.

The melodic solos in 04. Shroud Of Urine and 05. Forward March

are pure metal , and nothing less. Lots of feeling and melody

that show with the experience that Gary has for his instrument.

If I had to pick my favorite tracks thus far (hearing all the

songs twice today)

01. Scar Spangled Banner

04. Shroud Of Urine

05. Forward March

10. Tempo Of The Damned

Fuckin Exodus ! :headbang:
A trusted ..........respected..........intelligent.......Review HL!

Not only have The Nevermore guys really liked TOTD.........But I just heard today that Phil Anselmo(Ex-Pantera....Super Joint Ritual) listened to it and was "Blown Away"......I also gave a copy to Eric Peterson(Testament), who told me he really likes it also......So now some real Professional Musicians are validating the new Exodus..........As The Old School tradditionalists have already.......The hype continues........

Hi from Germany!!!

The new EXODUS kicks ass!!!!!!
For me it's sounds like Fabolus/Impact/Force with a brutal good sound.
It's a long time ago..............to hear a so good Bay-Area Thrash Album.

........BAY-AREA STIKES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate getting a copy of the EP, DE. At first listen, I didn't know what to think, didn't sound anything like the two new live songs I heard at the Pound and at that show in Nevada City (seems like a long time back...)

One of those was Throwing Down, and I admit, I didn’t care much for it live, and all the reviews so far say the same.

Impaler has some of the best drumming I’ve heard from Exodus. I mean, I can really hear it thanks to the production (Sneap). There’s this particular bass drum kick that I can never get enough of, it kinda shows up on the song Bonded by Blood, too. The best example I can come up with on this kick is N.E. Terror by Flotsam, right after the solo break where all you hear is drums and bass. Freakin’ awesome.

I'd like the same drumming in War is my Sheppard, but that’s OK. Zetro’s vox is sick and mean on this one, like never before. It’s like comparing early Chuck Billy to Demonic or the Gathering; different, now he’s sick as fuck, but in a good way…

I anticipate the full length release, only two months out and counting down…

Deadly Embrace said:
Not only have The Nevermore guys really liked TOTD.........But I just heard today that Phil Anselmo(Ex-Pantera....Super Joint Ritual) listened to it and was "Blown Away"......I also gave a copy to Eric Peterson(Testament), who told me he really likes it also......So now some real Professional Musicians are validating the new Exodus..........As The Old School traditionalists have already.......The hype continues........

you hear that...? that sound like thunder...? that's the drums of impending doom.....

the armies of darkness are on the move, and the naysayers best tremble in fear for you shall be crushed under iron heel and impaled on fists of steel.....

feel terror as the truth rains down upon your heads like fire....... :devil:

Forbiddenevil said:
Hi from Germany!!!

The new EXODUS kicks ass!!!!!!
For me it's sounds like Fabolus/Impact/Force with a brutal good sound.
It's a long time ago..............to hear a so good Bay-Area Thrash Album.

........BAY-AREA STIKES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Another Musician, Alex from Delirious, one of the best Old School thrash bands in Germany(& Europe of that matter).......they say their Bay Area Thrash from Germany........I think he knows a bit about thrash & its thumbs up from him also..........Right on Alex, glad to hear your opinion!.....Say hey to the band from me!