A Clockwork Highway

Ellestin

one-click buy
Sep 4, 2003
www.convivialhermit.net
Just got the promo of the new Thee Maldoror Kollective output a couple days ago and... wow :OMG:
Very difficult stuff, both unnerving and fascinating, I would never have anticpated such a challenging experience from a band mixing electro stuff and samples into their sound so prominently.

My suggestion: plug your headphones to high volume and forget about the way you listen to 99% of your music. Then the album will reveal its full wingspan and, let's not be afraid of the word, sheer excellence ! :worship:

Thanx guys, this is THE awesome stuff!

I downloaded 'the gospel...' track earlier and I've listened to it about 12 times
its fucking fantastic, like nuerosis made a movie soundtrack
its on right now actually, can't wait for this
hope i get to review it for the mag

Neurosis,eh? I've found myself over the years very indifferent to Neurosis, although the remaining 9 out of 10 people would probably disagree with my apathy. Maybe my mind simply hasn't opened to them yet..... However, the new stylistic change that TMK announced appealed to me, even if early comparisons to Neurosis did not. I did like the track that Emi presented recently, but I found it too soundtrackish to really generate an opinion for myself about wanting to pursue the entire record. Byt good praise makes me more curious, even if the inevitable namedropping causes me to wince inwardly for a few seconds.

bye,

Chris

haha, I adore neurosis
but if the download track is a fair example of the standard I'd say that it's a lot more inspired than 'eye of every storm', I'm down for the MW promo so I'll let you know if i think its better given a few spins.

Hmm....a firne dof mine owned Through Silver in Blood many years ago, and it wasn't bad stuff to me then, even though I was waist deep in gothmetal poo at the time. I liked the bits that didn't get too bludgeoning and repetetive. But for reasons unknown, I did enjoy Godflesh. (hhmmm...) Anyway, I dig more experimental Neurosis output when I hear it, so if there's a good starting point for them, I suppose I'm willing to give them a second chance. What would you recommend sir?

thank you,
Chris

the collaboration with jarboe is pretty experimental, you might like that, its slightly more industrial based on loops
more transient is A sun that never sets, worth getting the dvd version of that

through silver in blood is damn heavy and beautiful, that and yimes of grace are masterpieces

BenMech said:
Easy answer.

Get the 1992 album "Souls At Zero", then grab Through Silver in Blood again, then Enemey of the Sun, then Times of Grace (and Tribes of Neurot's Grace) then the recent 2 albums. Word As Law is also pretty good. Sovereign ep is ehh

word!
getting into Neurosis step by step is the best way to grab their secrets and enter their world!

well thats also an arduous journey

certainly better to let one sink in rather than absorb the whole lot at once
if you do listen to them in order it does sound like an extremely natural progression
but if you put the first and last together you wouldn't thin kit was the same band, I love that about them

and sovereign is cool

certainly one of the most powerful bands I've ever seen live too
the third time on the times of grace (possibly thier peak) tour was body shattering

verdict is still out on the latest, but there has always been a point in time that everything becomes clear with nuerosis albums...could take 6-12 months

i can hardly wait to get my hands upon this new jewel...

can anyone tell me what is happening with the kollective's website? it's been under heavy construction ever since i know it... whae will we get to see a new website?

Floppy said:
i can hardly wait to get my hands upon this new jewel...

can anyone tell me what is happening with the kollective's website? it's been under heavy construction ever since i know it... whae will we get to see a new website?

Good question...

The front page is cool, though :tickled:

Floppy said:
good question. their website is under construction since the launch of the previous album NEVO, summer 2001...

I really hope they will finish soon, because it is a very interesting project, not the usual band website...

Kundahli from TMK promised me to do his very best to be online as soon as possibile.

unhinged said:
the collaboration with jarboe is pretty experimental, you might like that, its slightly more industrial based on loops
more transient is A sun that never sets, worth getting the dvd version of that

through silver in blood is damn heavy and beautiful, that and yimes of grace are masterpieces

The collaboration with jarboe is the only album of theirs (Neurosis) that I currently own, and that's mostly because Jarboe is involved. I'd be more prone to start at the latest Neurosis and move backward, stopping only when I find disinterest in an earlier style. Anyhow, if you dig Jarboe's vocals and intensity, you might like a project she was involved with called Blackmouth. Very dark music and delivery, mostly ambient/industrial textures to my ears, but there's more going on than a simple generlalization like that. I forget the label that released it, but information can be found at a place called grindertool.com,or Jarboe's own website.

this is all I have to say right now.

:zzz:

Russell said:
I'm really liking the new TMK album as well.. NEVO was damn good, and it seems they've come up with another album equally amazing! So cynical and cold, it's superb :)
good to know, so we wait your review on ultimate metal and Zero-Tolerance...:cool: