A Comment & a Question!

Pharaoh

Oct 16, 2002
LITITZ, PA
Visit site
Hi all. I've been reading since Day 1, now it's time to do some talking and asking. First, thanks Deron, for getting this set up! Fans NEED to talk about this band. I and my family met the guys last year and I want to share something with you all. They are in this for US. Some of the most talented musicians on the planet, and this is true.... their number one priority is to please the fans who appreciate their songs and respect their talent. I have never encountered honesty and dedication on this level. I believe their music has appealed mostly to musicians up to this time, but I think this is changing (rapidly). Any thoughts on this? Question: Can anyone tell me what the Birch Hill Club is like? We're taking the kids. Thanks!

Originally posted by The Yngster
One of the most musically talented, if not the most musically talented bands out there right now, plain and simple.

Fully agreed. I'm more in favour of the latter though...:)

The guys from Symphony X are the most sympathetic artists in the musical mean!!

When they played here in Brazil, back in 2000, although I didn't go to the show (...:cry:...), some of my friends did, and, after the show, the band went outside the place, just to take a rest, and... they chatted with lots of fans and took pictures with them, and signed autographs, my friends took lots of pictures with them and they singed some posters, and that was simply out of this world!!!!!!!!!! I mean... how come the gods of prog-metal be so kind and sympathetic persons?!?!!? That is simply amazing!!!!!! That only helped to make them, with honors, the band number 1 in my TOP-10 bands!! :)

Hail, Symphony X!!!

Well, ever since Birch Hill went dry I guess its ok to bring the kids to, I dont think the show has an age limit on it. You might just wanna call ahead just incase. But besides that, the Birch Hill is a generic Rock Club really.
-manda

Birch Hill dry?? That's interesting. We are hoping for a show similar to last year's Obsessions Club show. We still haven't gotten over that experience, standing right in front with Russ's sweat hitting us...the energy was intense. There were 2 young boys beside us and their Dad pulled them away to go home because of school, and we just wanted to say "PLEASE, let them stay, it's an experience they may never have again." I think it's something like seeing Springsteen in his early days at the small Jersey coast clubs. All of us are fortunate to have found Symphony X. It's a precious gift in these days of so much trash music. We're in our mid 40s and we were losing hope for decent music, then we found them and the Prog music scene. It is where the true talent is.....makes us very happy. :D

Originally posted by †Russel Allen†®
The guys from Symphony X are the most sympathetic artists in the musical mean!!

When they played here in Brazil, back in 2000, although I didn't go to the show (...:cry:...), some of my friends did, and, after the show, the band went outside the place, just to take a rest, and... they chatted with lots of fans and took pictures with them, and signed autographs, my friends took lots of pictures with them and they singed some posters, and that was simply out of this world!!!!!!!!!! I mean... how come the gods of prog-metal be so kind and sympathetic persons?!?!!? That is simply amazing!!!!!! That only helped to make them, with honors, the band number 1 in my TOP-10 bands!! :)

Hail, Symphony X!!!

Yup, Symphony X are the Gods of Metal both in musicianship and personality- it's nice to see a down to Earth, non-bigheaded band out there! :)

Originally posted by Pharoah
Birch Hill dry?? That's interesting. We are hoping for a show similar to last year's Obsessions Club show. We still haven't gotten over that experience, standing right in front with Russ's sweat hitting us...the energy was intense. There were 2 young boys beside us and their Dad pulled them away to go home because of school, and we just wanted to say "PLEASE, let them stay, it's an experience they may never have again." I think it's something like seeing Springsteen in his early days at the small Jersey coast clubs. All of us are fortunate to have found Symphony X. <snip>
I hope it wont be like the Obsessions show in the fact that were what? 5 or 6 really bad opening bands, Doors opening at 6pm on a Sunday night (matinee) and SymX not hitting the stage till 1130 pm, But then again thats not the bands fault, thats Million Dollar Bill's (owner of Obsessions) fault.. That guy is such a jerk to local bands anyway, Im surprised ANYONE plays there.
-manda

Right, the situation at Obsessions was very trying, but regardless of the circumstances, the band gave an incredible performance. Like I said, they do it for the fans, and we all respect, appreciate, and admire them for that. Makes us feel special. I hope Russ's voice holds up well through this tour. He really seems to be pushing the extremes more than ever. Do you agree?