a crude awakening - the oil crash

stevenfurgiuele

The Godfather
Apr 7, 2007
anyone watch this documentary?

http://www.oilcrashmovie.com/

“The Age of Oil — 100-plus years of astonishing economic growth made possible by cheap, abundant oil — could be ending without our really being aware of it. Oil is a finite commodity. At some point even the vast reservoirs of Saudi Arabia will run dry. But before that happens there will come a day when oil production ‘peaks,’ when demand overtakes supply (and never looks back), resulting in large and possibly catastrophic price increases that could make today's $60-a-barrel oil look like chump change. Unless, of course, we begin to develop substitutes for oil. Or begin to live more abstemiously. Or both. The concept of peak oil has not been widely written about. But people are talking about it now. It deserves a careful look — largely because it is almost certainly correct.”

Worth a consideration or watch. Very insightful look into the future economic, political and technological issues of the world.

Yeah I've seen it. Very interesting, if depressing, documentary on an oil crisis that most people don't even know is happening. If oil companies would stop shooting down alternative energy, or someone big enough tried to do it, then we'd all be better off. Ahh well.

if you dig that shit

watch the 'who killed the electric car' documentary as well. it explores california and the popularity of the electric car movement there... to only see it dissappear as quickly as it developed due to big oil companies

zeitgeist had its flaws, the first part about religious consistencies was completely debunked by historians and armchair historians alike. not to say the rest of it wasn't dead on.. but it doesn't help your cause when you site material from a recently published book, having no credible sources stretching back beyond that.

I haven't seen it but I know what you mean. The thing about the moonlanding though, is practically incontrovertible. Although, I was already sure they'd faked it, so I watched it with certain bias.

PS. I only watched the moonlanding part, on YouTube, and nothing else from the movie. Ha and I hope I've got the right doco as well..

zeitgeist had its flaws, the first part about religious consistencies was completely debunked by historians and armchair historians alike. not to say the rest of it wasn't dead on.. but it doesn't help your cause when you site material from a recently published book, having no credible sources stretching back beyond that.

Yes it sure has some flaws, but I still think it´s interesting.

Zeitgiest was a particularily interesting point of view, but that's all it was. As Lee initially said, siting examples from a newly published book and with no credible resources, one has to wonder if they were just relying on shock value. Also, you have to wonder about the specific news reports and citations if they were taken in context or not.

I haven't seen it but I know what you mean. The thing about the moonlanding though, is practically incontrovertible. Although, I was already sure they'd faked it, so I watched it with certain bias.

PS. I only watched the moonlanding part, on YouTube, and nothing else from the movie. Ha and I hope I've got the right doco as well..

i think we're talking about 2 diff. things.

I've seen the moon landing theories before, but i personally don't think it was an elaborate hoax. Reaching the moon in 1969 was well within the USA's realm of scientific capability, and certainly was a smart move from a military and scientific standpoint. The problem with these hoax theories is that they are only theories, and are not based off of any solid material evidence.