A Death question for Steve

Fortunesmith

Put it in your mouth!
Apr 8, 2002
Orlando
Visit site
On the Empty Words website, Chuck's mom said that there were some unreleased Death and Control Denied songs that she recently discovered. She said that they will probably be released at some point, but I am curious. Were you involved in the recording of any of these unreleased songs? Have us fans yet to hear some pretty killer tunes? Shed some light, if you can, o' wise one....

As far as I know, everything I recorded with Chuck has already been released, including the Kiss cover we did in '91.
I'm guessing she found some demo stuff left over. Or possibly some preproduction stuff, which I actually did take part in. But I don't know. I'm sure she wasn't talking about the new Control Denied stuff because we have plans to treat that as a proper album. I'm actually curious too what might be there.

Was the preproduction stuff any different from the released songs besides being more raw? What I'm getting at here is... if you guys ever just jammed out and hit the record button? Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, of course there are some differences. It's a different performance. But overall, the arrangements are the same and the songs didn't change much on the final recordings. Little things here and there that didn't sound right on the preproductions that were changed to make the final song what it is that you hear. Nothing major. I think more than anything, they sound shaky and unconfident compared to the album. I guess that's why we use them as a practice for the real thing. To get all the bad ideas and mistakes out of the way, so the final will sound tighter.

So aside from these preproduction recordings I worked on. I don't know what else there could be. Maybe Chuck made demos and stuff with the other guys. And obviously I have no answer regarding that.

SDG