A future predicament...

Don_Chi_Chi

May 12, 2002
Visit site
When the new thrax album comes out, which are you gonna do?:

1. Dload the album off the net and burn it
2. Dload the album and then buy it when released
3. Wait for the damn album to come out and not dload?

Me? I am going to desperately find the willpower not to download the new anthrax CD before released. This is one of the few bands whose CD's I will pay for.

I am definetly gonna download when available. When it comes out that first day, I am gonna buy all the copies I can, because I have a bad feeling this will be the last studio album from these guys. I hope I am wrong, but with all the luck they have had, and the current situation of bands that started when they did, I just cannot see them going much further together. That is not to say something else would not be started up, I just do not see them going much farther together.(unless this album sells millions and millions of copies)

I download alot, but then again as a result of this ive spent more on cds in the last half a year then in my entire lifetime.

Rant against recent RIAA actions -

Ive put serious money(I dont have a proper job so no constant source of income ether)into music cds and this whole deal with the RIAA pisses me off.

If it wasnt for downloading MP3s i would not have discovered such wonderfull bands as Front Line Assembly, Skinny Puppy.. and of corse recantly Anthrax.

it would be a really cool idea if they put 1 song on the site just to tide fans over for a while,slipknot done it for there last album with heretic song and it just revved me up so much for iowa.

it would certainly keep me pumped for some new anthrax!!!

I will wait a while to buy it to see what people think of it. I will definatly buy the new M.O.D. CD when it comes out.

I'm not taking sides in the Billy v. Scott stuff, I buy what I like. I like both bands, but the M.O.D. track listing looks like it will crush.

option 2 I will down load what I can and then buy it. I think some bands need mp3's to get there shit out to the masses. They guys should post a song or two.... examaple I burned the new Bad Religion Cs before it came out. I bought it cause I loved the band. Another good example I burned a copy of Volume 8 for a friend who claimed to only like the Joey era. Since then He has purchased S.o.W and 442....... To bad most folks aint honest/////

Originally posted by prime666
option 2 I will down load what I can and then buy it. I think some bands need mp3's to get there shit out to the masses. They guys should post a song or two.... examaple I burned the new Bad Religion Cs before it came out. I bought it cause I loved the band. Another good example I burned a copy of Volume 8 for a friend who claimed to only like the Joey era. Since then He has purchased S.o.W and 442....... To bad most folks aint honest/////

True, another way to get them more exposed would be to setup some songs so when someone searchs for "New Metallica" for example they download some other band but leave the file name the same as the band so that they will know what it is after they realize that it's not "new metallica". It's dishonest and it pisses some people off, but good for the band in a way. I'm thinking of doing this for thrax. Just a few songs though :) Anyone disagree?