A LIFE ONCE LOST, EPICUREAN, ION VEIN and ARISE AND RUIN COMPLETE LINEUP

I seen Epicurean a few weeks ago...There a decent melodic death metal band that has a Into Eetrnity Vibe goin g on...Great players and some tastyhooks but live the singer was really offkey..he does both cleans and growl;s......being a sponsor i =can leave when i want and not being keen on those other metalcore bands i think i shall be hanging in the loft.........:kickass:

soprry about the more then usual bad text..lost a few digits on friday in a work accident

His clean vocals always sounded like that. Offkey when he does clean vocals. A few people here in MN told him that he needs some vocal lessons and he refused. That was a while ago though.

Still... All Great guys.

But But But...if one day has one extra band than the other...

Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease Novembers Doom Rob please please please. I'll give you $100 for Novembers Doom.

XD

Y'know it would be fucking cool if ND played an acoustic set or something, but then again it wouldn't really be the right atmosphere at all.

Holy Crap! What the Hell happened in here?
I haven't read this thread since the first day it was posted.
Damn...

Glad to see we're back on track and addressing the initial topic of discussion.
----------

I'm actually quite pleased with the lineup overall.

Really looking forward to seeing Ion Vein with the new vocalist.
Tony and I will have Lotesto action figures and Brian Gordon bobbleheads for sale at the merch booth. =P

Epicurean are great!
Not my favorite genre of Metal, but they still have some very interesting stuff going on. I see them whenever they come to Chicago and at MadPower. Good stuff! And I''m a sucker for keyboards in Metal.

I've never seen Iced Earth or Testament live before, so this is epically exciting for me.

And regardless of what one thinks of the lineup....it is still a great experience to look forward to every year. This is one of the few times a year I can guarantee the Metal community will all be in one place at one time....like a Family Reunion for Metalheads. I have friends from other states that come to this every year and that is the only time I get to see them.
Besides getting to see two great headliners, being exposed to bands I may have never heard of before, which is awesome, I also take away the experience of hanging out with friends, meeting new people and singing "Sweet Home Alabama" in the third floor hallway of the Super 8 with an entourage of drunk Metalheads. Ha Ha!

Not to mention, ticket prices are amazingly cheap for two days (and this year...3 days) of music. So I cannot complain at all.

Major Kudos to Rob and Chris for putting together something awesome to look forward to every year!
:headbang:

Arsis would be great, but unfortunately they've become a big risk...good chance of cancelling. We supposed to play with Exodus, but cancelled again. :(

Warbringer is also quite unavailable right now. :(

I saw them at Harpos' the night before they left the tour.
I didn't ask Noah why but they must of had a reason.
If its only a night so if you could have been able to get a straight yes or no off the bat.
They are playing for that new england fest. Something that Noah said was not going to change.

l could understand Warbringer.

i know this is all what ifs but hey, if Arsis played before IE, id be happy, as well as the complaints would be less.

I don't have a lot of time online, so I'll keep this quick. I've gotten up to post #118, so i'm skipping to post my thoughts. Aside from Ion Vein (who I like and have seen many times with Russ on vox), I'm not familiar with the bands announced. Odds are, I probably won't like them, but if I'm there, they'll get a fair listen which is all any band can ask from a person.

That said, I think a lot of the negative comments are a bit sad considering the high quality of the headliners. Headliners are the true draw of any fest, and anything extra in my book is really just gravy, baby. I think that a lot of people are too quick to comment on what SOMEONE ELSE is spending their money on. And that's exactly what they're doing, as the promoters are the ones coughing up the time, effort, and money to get the bands. This fest hasn't been around as long as ProgPower. It also doesn't have the army of sheep/dorks willing to throw down loads of cash to 'sponsor' (i.e.-pay money to someone else to feel better about themselves for one weekend a year for a band they've never heard of). Yeah, I said it.

At the end of the day, this forum is a way of promoting the fest, whether we like it or not. I think that should be respected. I think after the fest has ended then people can constructively post their dislike of the performances and that will probably be accepted as that's just the normal thing to do after a concert.

I think we should appreciate what these guys are doing and also realize that just because a band might not be too good on album doesn't mean that they won't kick your ass live. Just a thought.

I don't have a lot of time online, so I'll keep this quick. I've gotten up to post #118, so i'm skipping to post my thoughts. Aside from Ion Vein (who I like and have seen many times with Russ on vox), I'm not familiar with the bands announced. Odds are, I probably won't like them, but if I'm there, they'll get a fair listen which is all any band can ask from a person.

That said, I think a lot of the negative comments are a bit sad considering the high quality of the headliners. Headliners are the true draw of any fest, and anything extra in my book is really just gravy, baby. I think that a lot of people are too quick to comment on what SOMEONE ELSE is spending their money on. And that's exactly what they're doing, as the promoters are the ones coughing up the time, effort, and money to get the bands. This fest hasn't been around as long as ProgPower. It also doesn't have the army of sheep/dorks willing to throw down loads of cash to 'sponsor' (i.e.-pay money to someone else to feel better about themselves for one weekend a year for a band they've never heard of). Yeah, I said it.

At the end of the day, this forum is a way of promoting the fest, whether we like it or not. I think that should be respected. I think after the fest has ended then people can constructively post their dislike of the performances and that will probably be accepted as that's just the normal thing to do after a concert.

I think we should appreciate what these guys are doing and also realize that just because a band might not be too good on album doesn't mean that they won't kick your ass live. Just a thought.

Not trying to further this battle...but in defense.

This forum pretty much has been the same people, about maybe like 15 to 20 of us who post here all year long. Discussions have gone on about local shows, new CD's, Powerfest and other festivals and stuff about out personal lives. With this board most of us have been lucky to meet in person and have others to meet up with at shows. The fighting is basically over the acts annouced. It is nothing against any person or beleif....just over musical taste.

Rob made a comment the other day that our behavior has turned off people from posting here. I highly doubt it. You have to be a weak person to be scared of writen words. The comment was made about the legion of fans that will be here after the show. The turth is....internet message boards only draw a select crowd. Look at the traffic the board had around annoucement time. There was all sorts of discussions and stuff happening. The second the line-up was announced...it was back to a few post a day.
The same happened last year and will happen again. Around show time it will get crowded and then be silent again till next year....maybe a few more new comers will stop in. But in all truth, odds are not. Not because of fighting or slammng each other. Just that there are people who like posting on boards and then there are some who dont. I have been posting of forums for as long as I can remember. There is a need to debating and fighting on forums. If everyone agreed, it would get really boring. I have discovered a few new bands from our battles and stuff or people mentioning one in a discussion.

Sure this is the Powerfest forum, but how much promotion can you do on the forum other than announce bands and stuff. It is the same bunch on here who know who is playing and what days. Like all forums...it is the main topic...Powerfest that draws us all here but the conversation is going to detour. It is human nature. It is also human nature to debate and disagree.
Every forum has thier colorful characters, trolls, and know it alls. this forum is not different.

This fest hasn't been around as long as ProgPower.

Actually, just to nitpick a little: Chicago Powerfest has been around since 2000. It just happened to go on hiatus for a few years, and ProgPower USA started up during that time. :)

This forum pretty much has been the same people, about maybe like 15 to 20 of us who post here all year long.

THIS is actually, IMO, what turns a lot of people off from posting here, more than anything else. Almost all of the "regulars" here are locals from Chicago, or nearby enough to count, and most of the non-Powerfest discussion either pertains to local shows, and/or inside jokes between locals. As such, this place can come off as feeling a little "clique-y" to a lot of people. This, to me, is much more significant than any disagreements about musical tastes.

When this forum originally went online, we used to have a whole different set of "regulars". Since then, the fest's audience as well as the forum's participation has been shifting more and more in favor of the locals, and most of the non-locals who used to post here no longer do so. The reasons I still do are a) because I've been a part of the CPF experience since 2000, and I have no plans of stopping, and b) because I used to be a local myself, and I'm a bit more familiar with the local scene than most out-of-towners. However, I don't have any reason to read the endless threads about local shows; I don't know who Jose is or why he has the testicular fortitude to wear all black clothes in Mexico; nor do I have a picture with him; I don't have any personal stake in Jason and Bob's off-and-on, latently homoerotic relationship; November's Doom is not my favorite band of all time; you get the idea.

In short, there's not really much for anyone outside of the 15-20 "regulars" to participate in here, other than the Powerfest discussion itself. I just think some people use the "arguing" or "negativity" as a convenient excuse.

new people are always excepted. nothing like new blood to make things interesting or to add more flavor to the mix. there is only so much talk you can have about Powerfest before everything is said and done. how many threads can you have saying....Band A for Powerfest is going to be great...I hope they play this song.

Since Powerfest is in the Chicago area....most of the posters are going to discuss local shows since most of us are from here. I love to read about shows in other towns too. I often cruise other forums in search of show reviews.

there is always stuff anyone who popped in to add to threads, location doesnt matter....there are no boarders with the internet!!!!

ND can play an acoustic set in my hotel room!

Will...make it happen. Seriously. Make this happen. Please. It would top the Robert Lowe incident.

Maybe...those of us staying in the hotel room could chip in and convince them to do it? Maybe we could get Paul and Larry really drunk and talk them into it.