GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
OK...here's what you've all been waiting for. :p

---------------------------

A LIFE ONCE LOST, EPICUREAN, ION VEIN and ARISE AND RUIN COMPLETE LINEUP

A LIFE ONCE LOST, EPICUREAN, ION VEIN & ARISE AND RUIN are the final bands to be confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008, set to take place May 1-3 at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL. Tickets for the event are currently on sale at all Ticketmaster locations and The Pearl Room box office. Single day tickets, as well as specially priced two and three day options are also available.

ALOL will be playing in support of their new album, "Iron Gag" (Ferret Music). EPICUREAN will be playing in support of their upcoming new album, "A Consequence of Design", to be released March 4th (Metal Blade). ION VEIN will be debuting their new singer, Allen James, as well as tracks from their upcoming new album, as yet untitled. ARISE AND RUIN will be also be playing in support of their new album, "The Final Dawn" (Victory Records).

Finalized POWERFEST Lineup:

Thursday, May 1 (kick-off show with Paganfest tour)

ENSIFERUM
TURISAS
TÝR
ELUVEITIE

Friday, May 2

ICED EARTH
A LIFE ONCE LOST
EPICUREAN
ION VEIN
ARISE AND RUIN

Saturday, May 3

TESTAMENT
DARKANE
SUIDAKRA
THE AUTUMN OFFERING
TWELFTH GATE
CHAOSWAVE

As previously announced, Powerfest promoters, CRJ Productions, have introduced an official fan Sponsorship/VIP program this year that will give fans a higher level of participation in the fest and a chance to take advantage of some cool privileges. A limited number of sponsorship packages still remain.

For more details regarding the sponsorship program or the fest itself, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com or www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

Thanks for the news, Rob!

I've heard those Ion Vein clowns before. I've heard OF Epicurean, but am not familiar with their sound. I have never heard even the names A Life Once Lost or Arise and Ruin. Interesting that ALOL (LOL! :lol:) gets the direct support slot, are they relatively "big" or up-and-coming in whatever circles they run in?

EDIT: And does having a band called "Epicurean" mean that The Pearl Room will be serving much better food that night? :)

Ken

A Life Once Lost - sounds like a Mastodon-y kind of a band, I am seeing them tomorrow night with High On Fire, I will let people know how it goes. Not awful, but not great.

Arise and Ruin - I cant stand them, metalcore non-sense

Epicurean - the vocals I think will take some getting used to but musically they are very interesting

Ion Vein - I think I will actually watch them this time rather than chat with friends. I think when they were playing I had just found Bryan or J-Dub or Tammy or at least someone from PP.

So I am guaranteed to at least watch all of IV and Epicurean. I think ALOL will be based on tomorrow evening, but Arise and Ruin I may be showing up late. Unless Chris gets back to me on that thing I emailed him about ;)

I dont want to insult Gate or Chris or anyone involved, but I just don't understand the metalcore friday. I don't think there are alot of metalcore people on the fence abotu coming to Powerfest, maybe im wrong, maybe im completely off but I have no idea :X

Why couldnt a cheap band like Warbringer be confirmed! :p

Outside of Iced Earth that Friday night lineup is putrid. I do like Ion Vein, but it's a tough sell to get me to show up for their set when I have a couple crappers to sit thru until IE hits the stage. Can we have in-out priviledges restored this year? If so I would come in to watch Ion Vein, and then leave, only to show back up for Iced Earth.

Britt