Twelfth Gate / Ion Vein show at PRP this past Saturday.

And like Bob said...it wouldn't be smart to have an "official" show this close to the fest...not that we would take away any of the fest's draw. ;)

I know what ya mean, but you might have had a few more folks from around the board show up.

How is PRP these days? I haven't been there in about 4 years.

finally, someone who is smart. I hate when people who are sick go places and get everyone else sick. THe worse are the people who come to work falling over sick and then get everyone else sick.

Vito...hats off to you. You are one of the rare people who are thinking smart. Funny you bring this up. I am currently reading this book on deadly viruses and the first step in fighting any disease is quarantine!!!!

Thanks man. Are you reading the Andromeda Strain by any chance??? That book is true horror.

Thanks man. Are you reading the Andromeda Strain by any chance??? That book is true horror.

havent read the book but saw the movie. They are remaking it for Bravo now actually for a summer showtime. Should be cool. Virus and other infectious diseases are the scariest things out there. No one is safe and now with rapid transit...it is so easy to spread anything from continent to continent. I think the end of the human race wont be war....it will be from disease. Our society always want to seem concerned with this when stuff happens like Avian Bird Flu, West Nile Virus and others, but once another headline appears...everyone forgets. It will take another SARS outbreak to reawaken everyone who forgot how dangerous all this stuff is.

enough of my preaching.

Let me tell you my perspective, as a member of Corporate America.

What most corporations have done is given their employees what they call a PTO (Paid Time Off) bank, that you use for your days off.

This is what you use for days off, regardless if it is for funeral, sick, vacation days, etc.

What happens is everyone views all the days in their bank as "vacation" days, and are then afraid to use them as sick days.

I have been at my current company for over 7 years. I can honestly say I have NEVER taken a sick day.
(And yes, of course I have been sick during that timeframe)

Yeah no kidding great fucking job, I wasn’t expecting that at all. Al is a hell of a front man, no matter what he did onstage you just couldn’t keep your eyes off him and his range was impressive. Oddly enough the last time I saw Ion Vein was on that same stage. Twelfth Gate was great as well, hopefully 2 weeks from now we’ll get a new tune with Aaron.

You seemed to have a great appreciation for his crotch, too!

- R

was it smart playing so close to Powerfest?

Seriously you are one of the most negative guys I've ever come across....

It was smart considering both bands haven't done shows in a while, Ion Veins case a lifetime, so a little stage practice wouldn't hurt.

Twelfth Gate - excellent set, I've really grown to the "new guy" despite him not being all that new anymore. I haven't seen them in a while and everything just sounds like it's coming together perfect. I can't wait for the record and more shows for that matter.

Ion Vein - Both Chris and Rob know I'm nothing but honest with them so I'm not blowing any smoke or kissing any ass but holy shit the new Ion Vein is incredible. They were a fantastic band before but now they are heavy and in your face. It was worth the wait for this, I LOVE the new direction and the new vocals really give new depth to these songs. Russ is great but lets face it he wasn't very convincing on songs like Anger Inside and Enough. Too bad Chris is a total fag.

Let me tell you my perspective, as a member of Corporate America.

What most corporations have done is given their employees what they call a PTO (Paid Time Off) bank, that you use for your days off.

This is what you use for days off, regardless if it is for funeral, sick, vacation days, etc.

What happens is everyone views all the days in their bank as "vacation" days, and are then afraid to use them as sick days.

I have been at my current company for over 7 years. I can honestly say I have NEVER taken a sick day.
(And yes, of course I have been sick during that timeframe)

Ahhh not working for corporate america rules, I get more vacation time/sick time and paid holidays in a year than I know what to do with working for a school....

New direction? Please clarify...
IV KILLED at both the Sonata show at HOB and Powerfest 2006.

thanks! you had a taste of it at those show, we played mostly
newer material....we played 1 that we never played at PRP so Tony
is speaking of that material with Al's vocals & stage presence...it's not
like we've done an about face since those gigs...

The progressive elements are more or less gone, it's a heavier, darker more agressive sound.

right....the prog elements are still there but very subtle...Al's voice and
attitude help to bring out and really accentuate the aggressiveness of
the music....we're really happy to hear you guys are digging as much
as we are, thanks!! :headbang:

I recall specifically digging ENOUGH and (i think it was called) WHEN LOVE TURNS TO HATE....

Yeah that's what I meant. I don't want people thinking Ion Vein are putting out their Load or Risk next..... they've streamlined the sound and added some real agression to it.