A Little Help(EastWest) Hardcore bass

Carcass29

3oIF
Sep 21, 2005
New York
I just went out and bought Eastwest Hardcore bass...(DFHS) is next but I'm having a problem getting it to work in my Protools. Any help would be appreciated. I can get the application to work on it's own (sounds great) but when I open PT, it's not in the Plugin list or do I have to run it as an instrument track? thanx :erk:

Carcass29 said:
I just went out and bought Eastwest Hardcore bass...(DFHS) is next but I'm having a problem getting it to work in my Protools. Any help would be appreciated. I can get the application to work on it's own (sounds great) but when I open PT, it's not in the Plugin list or do I have to run it as an instrument track? thanx :erk:

I guess you're on a PC not a MAC?

If it is a VST Instrument you need the VST RTAS Adapter from FXpansion!
It's about 99 USD or so... but it's worth every penny!!!

If it comes as an RTAS Plugin, make sure it's in your PLUGINS folder (wich is inside your Pro Tools Folder)

alternately you can try to open it from protools from the plugin window by browsing for where it's saved. sometimes daw's don't recognize plugins if they are in an unexpected folder.

The program drove me nuts and i reverted to super quartet, altho i'll probably play with it more oneday to try and work it out better... not that this is a nugget of information to do with what you want to know dude lol xd. Do let us know if you get some good results from it, as i dont think i spent much enough time toying with it so far!

Thanks for the feedback....I'll keep you posted on if I can get it to work or not.... but so far, the sounds are incredible. Hopefully when I buy DFHS, I won't have so many problems getting that to work with Protools. (fingers crossed)

Carcass29 said:
Thanks for the feedback....I'll keep you posted on if I can get it to work or not.... but so far, the sounds are incredible. Hopefully when I buy DFHS, I won't have so many problems getting that to work with Protools. (fingers crossed)

Toontrack are doing beta testing for a DFHS RTAS plugin at the moment I believe.

Carcass29 said:

I couldn't get either to work with PT, so i reverted to doing the midi side of things in cubase, and then mixing in PT

i used the adaptor, and i could get dfhs and hardcore bass to load, but i couldn't seem to route a midi track into them.

Same Here...I have the adapter and although some of my plugins worked in PT's ,the Bass program didn't transfer. Oh well...guess I'll try Cubase.

I don't know about DKFH but I just got the Hardcore Bass to work in Protools....yeah! The only thing is it slows my laptop down to where it says increase buffer...guess I need to buy an external hard drive. boo