Help a Brotha out (Macbook) content

Carcass29

3oIF
Sep 21, 2005
New York
So I made the switch...Macbook Pro just arrived today, I'm impressed with it but it's totally another world so far, need some getting used to. I was trying to install some programs I have in rar and zip form from a dvd. I can't get anything to install...I've tried a few different forums but no luck. I have a few apps like Eastwest Symphony and Hardcore Bass...Nuendo, (older version) and Cubase. How do I go about it? So far I tried dragging to my applications folder and when I try to install it doesn't work...any help would be extremely appreciated.

Nelson_haha.jpg

Yeah ... those (.exe) files won't work on any Mac. Unless you have a Intel Mac with windows installed on it. And still, I wouldn't want to run a D.A.W. thru that. You probably have Leopard 10.5 OSX too right? You'll have to platform switch everything you got and hopefully the program DVD's have pc/Mac installers on them. Then you'll most likely have to update your versions.

Time wise... it could be awhile. But it may hurt your wallet more :lol:

Good Luck

hopefully the program DVD's have pc/Mac installers on them
yes i do...thanks for your help. i just didn't know about how to go about it...it's like chinese to me right now, thanks again.