A little help with our store's website, please?

vespiz

Mixing!
Feb 15, 2007
Tampere, Finland
metalmixing.com
No, this is not spam! :D

Could you guys check out our store's website if it works ok? Tammer-Piano ja Soitin Ky

It seems to open new tabs everytime I click on a product category when it's supposed to open it in the same tab/window.

On the top of the page click where it says "Tuotteet" and then where ever on the left side (Sähkökitarat, efektilaitteet, etc..).

Could be just our browser/windows (XP!) just messing things up..

I did not make these pages, I just have to be a sort-of webmaster.. :erk:

WinXP and Firefox looks fine over here.
Apart from the text looking like someone collapsed on your keyboard ;)

I got the wrong behaviour!
- Windows 7 Enterprise and
- Chrome 15.0.874.106 m

Edit:
I Installed Firefox 7.0.1 and it still opens "Sähkökitarat" or "Bassokitarat" in an new Tab.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, forgot to mention we have Firefox 7.0.1 as well. I wonder if it's a bug in the newest browsers or do they not support the code there anymore..?
It's just annoying more than anything and doesn't look "professional"..

Yes I got the problem with new tabs opening. I had a quick look at the source and im surprised this page even renders! your missing a closing </tr> on you table holding the menu. its unlikely but this is causing a problem but worth fixing anyway.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, forgot to mention we have Firefox 7.0.1 as well. I wonder if it's a bug in the newest browsers or do they not support the code there anymore..?
It's just annoying more than anything and doesn't look "professional"..

Updated Firefox and now it opens in a new tab :guh:
Dunno which version I had before though...

Or maybe I clicked the wrong thing before, not sure anymore with all those "ä"s and "ö"s....but I think I was on the right one...

lol now all the links open in a new tab for me
Tarjoukset
Uutuudet
ect

Im pretty sure it didnt do that before...:err:

Yerr, I think it's something to do with the code on the site being .. what? at least 5 years old.. :lol: And/or Firefox's new version is buggy and doesn't support this code anymore?

AgentX: thanks! I'll look into it. I didn't program these, so don't shoot me!

Thanks everyone! I'll try not to break the keyboard when I collapse on it.. :p

Yes I got the problem with new tabs opening. I had a quick look at the source and im surprised this page even renders! your missing a closing </tr> on you table holding the menu. its unlikely but this is causing a problem but worth fixing anyway.

Not just 1. Had a quick look in a validator and it threw about 80 errors. As AgentX said, this is not likely to cause this sort of behaviour but worth fixing or having a look at.

I can see this is quite a bit site so updating it will take some time but I would certainly look into using wordpress or some other CMS to manage the site. You will be able to take advantage of there template engines to bring the site into the 21st century, maybe even get some jquery and ajax on there!

Its only a guess but I think the problem is steming from the use of <base target="_blank"> on the sub pages, try taking it out and seeing if it fixes the problem.

damn that is missing a lot of tags, like frontpage is missing <html> and <head> tags, which might make it behave oddly. Also you should do all and any css definitions in the beginning of the document inside the <head></head> tags. Also the code is very inconsistent, I see three different variants of quotes...

<tr><td class="d" background="kuvat/top.jpg" height="81">

<tr><td width='125' align='center'><p class='menuoff'>Etusivu</td><td width='125' align='center'>

<br><b>Nyt meiltä <a href=http://www.proel.com>PROEL</a> -tuotteet!</b>

So maybe validate the code first, make stuff like that more consistent and fix missing tags etc and it should work just fine :wave: