A medicated nation of blind neurotics

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012
http://www.halfpasthuman.com/americaissogreat.html

George Ure is wrong, or America is so great that...

half of us have to be drugged by Big Pharma to be able to stand to live here. No, don't take my word for it, note the following report from your government paid for by your tax slavery...(highlights are my additions)

From http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db42.htm

Key findings

Over the last 10 years, the percentage of Americans who took at least one prescription drug in the past month increased from 44% to 48%. The use of two or more drugs increased from 25% to 31%. The use of five or more drugs increased from 6% to 11%.

In 2007-2008, 1 out of every 5 children and 9 out of 10 older Americans reported using at least one prescription drug in the past month.

Those who were without a regular place for health care, health insurance, or prescription drug benefit had less prescription drug use compared with those who had these benefits.

The most commonly used types of drugs included: asthma medicines for children, central nervous system stimulants for adolescents, antidepressants for middle-aged adults, and cholesterol lowering drugs for older Americans.

You don't even need to read about it to believe it, just look around. Look at all the "stuff" we have that's just "stuff". Most of it is nonsense and we worship it. Drugs aren't just medicinal; consumerism is a drug as well. We drug ourselves by constantly buying things to keep ourselves occupied. How many people do you know does stuff like Kevin and goes for a week at a time in the middle of nowhere to enjoy the beauty of the US?

You don't even need to read about it to believe it, just look around. Look at all the "stuff" we have that's just "stuff". Most of it is nonsense and we worship it. Drugs aren't just medicinal; consumerism is a drug as well. We drug ourselves by constantly buying things to keep ourselves occupied. How many people do you know does stuff like Kevin and goes for a week at a time in the middle of nowhere to enjoy the beauty of the US?

Everyday I can? Which is about 4 days of the week... I like my "stuff" too.. sorry.

Well don't get me wrong, I love technology and advances in our way of life. I'm not some hobo living in a shack because those newfangled things called televisions scare me. I think we should constantly move forward.

That said, when you base your life on the stuff that is in it, you've got a problem. When your quality of life is measured only by the toys you have, you need to really, really re-think what's important to you or else you'll just live some shallow, insipid existence and not make a mark on anything or anyone.

A friend of mine was having a discussion with his gf's parents one day, and he being from here and they being from the US, he was very curious. He asked them what their quality of life was like there, that he had heard that it had gone down in the past decade or so for many people. They responded with, "Well, we both drive Jeeps...she has a Grand Cherokee and I have a Wrangler."

And there you have it. These are the people who need to re-evaluate their lives.

And that was a rhetorical question, btw. Dicks. :lol:

I didn't ask how many of you do it, I asked how many people do you know who do that. Maybe your small group of friends, but look around...there are many more people who couldn't care less about it. Just look at how many malls there are and how many more are popping up every day and you'll have your answer.

One of the reasons we are so overmedicated is the gross amount of advertising for drugs on TV. Nothing sends people stampeding to their doctor like an effective ad and doctors complain that when an ad blitz starts, they get a flood of patients asking for that particular drug, not coming in complaining of symptoms.

Your doctor should tell you you're sick. Not Madison Avenue.

It's because everyone's afraid of everything these days, all over the world. No matter where you go, everyone's panicking over disease or turrurizum or Adam Sandler movies. We play right into the hands of advertisers.

It's because everyone's afraid of everything these days, all over the world. No matter where you go, everyone's panicking over disease or turrurizum or Adam Sandler movies. We play right into the hands of advertisers.

Ugh the newest Adam Sandler movie That's My Boy was completely awful and not even remotely funny.

I couldn't even bring myself to watch it, just from the previews. It looked worse than that movie where he was a Mosad agent from Israel or something.

Happy Gilmore was silly and stupid and funny, but man he just got worse and worse.

I couldn't even bring myself to watch it, just from the previews. It looked worse than that movie where he was a Mosad agent from Israel or something.

Happy Gilmore was silly and stupid and funny, but man he just got worse and worse.

I would never have watched it had it not been the only in flight movie choice. Made me remember to always bring a book even on a short flight.

Oh, and I love my Kindle. I still love the feeling of real books, but I can hold several hundred books in my Kindle...it's perfect for trips and reading several books at once.