A message on Blabbermouth...

The fact is, the band tried and tried and tried over the last year to get John Bush back. Not Joey. John backed out, and Joey was the only choice they had, period. They were fucking miserable on the reunion tour, that's why they ended it and tried to get John to come back. And then went through all of the trouble to find Dan Nelson.

They get along better on a personal and musical relationship, no one is denying that. Bush is a great singer, and maybe a great songwriter, but I haven't heard AS. The four albums they did with Bush, including SOWN are out of print, aka no longer in demand. Just like you won't find Van Hagar records at Wal-Mart, people prefer the classic band, and album sales and ticket sales show it.

I'll try to catch them on the upcoming tour and will definately buy the new album, and I hardly pay for any music anymore. Couldn't give less of a fuck about Bushthrax.

They were fucking miserable on the reunion tour, that's why they ended it and tried to get John to come back.

Whether they were miserable or not, I can't say. But the reunion tour did NOT end because of that, it ended because Joey didn't want to tour anymore without recording new material. They were offered the opening slot on the Heaven & Hell tour, and had to give it up, because Joey wouldn't play any more shows without an album commitment.

Whether they were miserable or not, I can't say. But the reunion tour did NOT end because of that, it ended because Joey didn't want to tour anymore without recording new material. They were offered the opening slot on the Heaven & Hell tour, and had to give it up, because Joey wouldn't play any more shows without an album commitment.
it worked out though cause machine head blew everyone out of the water

I'm pretty sure Joey's version of the events were different than the rest of the band's though.

The fact is, the band tried and tried and tried over the last year to get John Bush back. Not Joey. John backed out, and Joey was the only choice they had, period. They were fucking miserable on the reunion tour, that's why they ended it and tried to get John to come back. And then went through all of the trouble to find Dan Nelson.

Word.

So now Anthrax is stuck with a singer they would rather not have.

How long do you think this will last?

And how bad will it blow donkey balls? Maybe it won't, but I have my suspicions.....:kickass:

He did receive the go-ahead to record with Anthrax, but he walked away. Their plan for the reunion tour was to have both singers sing their respective material and in doing so, they would say thanks and farewell to Bush and reintroduce Joey as the permanent vocalist.

Most ridiculous fucking thing I've ever heard.

They already had Bush on the line for the Big Four shows, but they wanted Joey SO BADLY that they ditched Bush. Believe me, Bush is still getting a piece of the Big Four payout despite stepping aside.

I am calling bullshit on this one.
John backed out.

I would also add that I do believe you have valid inside information. This is not part of it.

I am confused.

They did try to record with Joey. Joey balked.

Fact is, they want Joey on the Big 4 video, not Bush, because it'll be committed to DVD/BR and will be partially streamed online for promotional purposes.

Do you recall Joey saying in an interview that he was indeed recording with Anthrax? Well, that was true, but he backed out. I don't know exactly why he did so.

I am sticking to my statement that John backed out of this tour.

I am aware that the band tried to record with Joey after the 2006 tour and that it didn't work out. I was simply pointing out that this is not compatible with the story that Joey would not tour because they would not record an album.

Bush told them doing summer shows was fine, but since they wanted more of a commitment for recording and availability for extensive touring, he wasn't their guy. He wanted to be honest and up front with the band. Subsequently, they contacted Belladonna, and will be making a new record and touring the "Big 4" summer dates with Joey singing. That is how it happened. Hell, Anthrax didn't even tell their management that Bush only wanted to do these summer shows. When Bush spoke with Anthrax's management, management were taken back when Bush told them his situation and where he stood.

I prefer Bush over Joey as a singer/frontman but I'm happy to see them back with Joey so they can do these summer shows and record, but the reality is, they wanted Bush first and had to settle for Joey... Not a bad second choice.

Fact is, they want Joey on the Big 4 video, not Bush, because it'll be committed to DVD/BR and will be partially streamed online for promotional purposes.

What the fuck does a DVD/BluRay have to do with who the singer is?! They've released DVDs with John before, they didn't have to hire Joey for those shows :lol:

In fact, the DVD that they did do with Joey in 2005/2006 sounded like shit, vocally.

The reason that John is not doing these shows is because he would not commit to the band full time. He DID commit to 6 or 7 of the European dates initially...i do not know if he backed out of those, or if he just told them he'd do them, and that's it...and they decided to get Joey, who would do more than just those shows. But that's not because they prefered his voice or him as a person over John - they chose him because they preferred the fact that he could commit to it.

They already had Bush on the line for the Big Four shows, but they wanted Joey SO BADLY that they ditched Bush. Believe me, Bush is still getting a piece of the Big Four payout despite stepping aside.

OK Scott, take it EASY. If they wanted Joey back SO BAD why was Scott singing Jonn's praises so much the last 9 months????

Think about it.

I doubt they ever intended it to be permanent.

I am not so sure about this anymore. I always wondered why they did erase Bush totally from the bands homepage during the reunion. It looked like the Bush-Era never existed. On the reunion-gig here in Hamburg Scott said "we are going to do this as long as YOU want us to" and if my memory doesn't fail me he even said that they were going to do an album in that line-up. No word about JB. If it wasn´t supposed to be a permanent thing, why pretend that there was no Bushthrax?