A new Anathema album is comming out in September

When I saw that update, I thought it was an entirely new album. Instead, it's going to be something similar to Hindsight. Looking forward to it either way. I can't wait to see how anything they reinterpret off of A Silent Enigma will sound like.

Tracklist:

1 Crestfallen / Sleep In Sanity
2 Kingdom
3 They Die
4 Sunset of Age
5 Everwake
6 We The Gods
7 I Made a Promise
8 Alone

Im not sure I like this.
I fucking hate Hindsight, they butchered fantastic songs, removed the beautiful details in the melodies and stripped them down and to the more boring and simplistic music they write today, WHY?!
I hope this will be better, but i know it probably wont.
Lots of heavy tunes though so it will be interesting to hear anyway.

Ok.. listened through the samples, I wont like this... "album". :erk:
The Everwake remake will be a fucking joke, WHY re-record that song? It was perfect as it was and wont be that different anyway, just like many of the tracks on Hindsight.

qth this is one of the only things ive disagreed on you with :p

i actually loved hindsight, although to be fair a natural disaster is superior. but i probably wouldnt have found that out without hearing hindsight. i think maybe im a sucker for acoustics....and i did find that album at the perfect time in my life...

otherwise, im both excited to hear another hindsight like album....but i can wait for it

:D

I dont even think you can compare Hindsight to a Natural Disaster though, since Hindsight is all re-recordings of old songs.
Just out of curiosity, may I ask how many Anathema-albums you had heard, and how long you had listen to Anathema before you heard Hindsight?

Ok.. listened through the samples, I wont like this... "album". :erk:
The Everwake remake will be a fucking joke, WHY re-record that song? It was perfect as it was and wont be that different anyway, just like many of the tracks on Hindsight.

Couldnt disagree more :D

I recently went through the entire anathema disco.. whcih was a very interesting journey. They sure had a long way to go from the Crestfallen EP on.

conclusion: hindsight as it is, is fine and good. by comparison its a bit more hit and miss.

:D

I dont even think you can compare Hindsight to a Natural Disaster though, since Hindsight is all re-recordings of old songs.
Just out of curiosity, may I ask how many Anathema-albums you had heard, and how long you had listen to Anathema before you heard Hindsight?

well i know this will certainly prove your next point :lol:. but i started on alternative 4, thought it was decent....heard hindsight and thought it was way better. than went back and listened to a natural disaster and silent enigma.

so to this date i would say ive been listening for about 4 years

Well, that wasnt as "bad" as I thought it would be ;)
The reason I asked is I have met two people who loves Hindsight and it was like the first Anathema-album they had heard, and also like the only one they were listening to, that made me pissed off. :lol:
In that case Its like they never really heard the band imo.

edit: Give Eternity and Judgement a real chance, fantastic albums, Eternity might be my favourite (bad production maybe and Vincent wasnt that comfortable doing clean vocals, but the songs are incredible).

^i will take you up on that, i think i had judgement at some point but never listened to it. but ill definitely give those a fair chance :D

"edit: Give Eternity and Judgement a real chance, fantastic albums, Eternity might be my favourite (bad production maybe and Vincent wasnt that comfortable doing clean vocals, but the songs are incredible)."

Eternity had bad production? Maybe it was not as polished but I think the heavy analogue sound is perfect. I believe they would have lost a lot of the atmosphere with a "better" job. By the way, Eternity is quite an amazing album.

I listened to the samples, some of it sounds good, other parts not-so-much. I grew up with the songs, even the melodies don't sound the same. It was hard if not impossible to recognize what I was listening to. By the way That's Anneke doing Everwake and it sounds far inferior to the original version.

Got it yesterday, my girlfriend and me listened to it this morning and it is amazing. The songs are sometimes pretty much not recognizable, but what the hell.. it is beautiful instrumental/orchestral music. Recommended if that sounds nice to you.