A new Metaller is Born...

The point was that a list of bands was given with the other dude having the option to check them all out.....the key word being option. Of course, he doesn't have to check out any of them but the list gives him the choice.

I am not getting drawn into this any further

Uhmm, ok.

I've sent both of you a PM, so if you could check it out I'd appreciate it.

Anyway Astrolis, I can just tell you that the bands Symphony X, Blind Guardian and Gamma Ray are pretty damn good so you may want to check those out first from that list.

Sigh.

And no worries dom, I used to prefer giant lists of suggestions when I was getting into it too! Just stated why I personally only used a few :D

You are more than welcome dude!

The main reason we have rarely ventured outside of the UK is primarily down to finance and the costs of such tours. We have been offered a number of European tours over the past few years but at that point we had no tour support from the label so all costs such as transport, buy ons, catering etc would have to be covered by the band. To give you an idea....a 3 week European tour can cost in the region of £15000.

Would love to be able to come to Norway and play......we were booked for a festival in Norway a few years ago but the event was cancelled.

Awesome! I will be on the lookout when I travel to the UK next time.

...and as for the aggressiveness, I mean, com'on people. Don't start to flame each other just because somebody is being creative.

I thought I dealt with this previously......but there is a slightly aggressive undertone developing. There is NO need for phrases like "Are you an idiot" on this forum

I had noticed this too... very short sharp responses that could only invoke bad responses. creates an atmosphere where people are afraid to post for fear of verbal onslaught.

I think I live near this person... sounds exactly like that one person I found on the Dragonforce forum who also lives in Illinois.

Is this what we call being civilized? :lol:

Really though, it's not hard to be nice here. This is one of my favorite message boards to come to thanks to the small and friendly community!

If you mean the IL in my location, it doesn't stand for Illinois.

And stop talking about this subject already, it's getting annoying.

I feel like giving the thread creator some direct advice :D Here is one of my favorite (recent) power metal tracks, a song from Fairyland's last album, Score To A New Beginning (released in 2009). Philippe (the man behind the band) gave permission for the songs to be uploaded to YouTube a long time ago, so that's the reason I feel comfortable sharing it here. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess I'll share one with him as well:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xupd-5sOUdU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xupd-5sOUdU[/ame]

I only put up the Fairyland track because Philippe himself gave permission to use it; I didn't post anything else because I'm not sure what Steve's stance on posting YouTubed music is.

I'm sure that Steve is fine with it, and if not then he will just delete the song's link that I posted. Furthermore, it's quite easy to find these songs on youtube if you look up their names.

Even cooler! Must be the first person from Israel for the PQ forum, eh? Very nice!

Yes! Israel, that's where I live guys. Not Tel Aviv though.

I think there are no other fans of PQ from Israel, so I might be the only one. Who knows hahaha