A New Thread

Four days is FAR too long for Vegas. That said, you can have the best time of your life if you're just there for two or three.

I had an awesome New Years there this year, staying in a gorgeous Villa we rented outside the Strip with about 25 other people. That's a whole other story, though ;)

The Belagio glass sculpture in the ceiling is a $2 million commission. Pretty amazing, but I'd prefer if they'd just let me have it.

Great pictures, K!

Yep, I agree Brooks... 4 days is WAY too long. I had a good time, but it wasn't like I had a BLAST, you know?
Was nice to see my parents and my old friend, and I did have a good time, but it was also meh... Hard to explain.
I rarely feel like this about a new place I travel to... and this is definitely one of those places.

Cool pics you brought us there!

I always imagined myself to visit Vegas someday for a few days of absolute irresponsible abusement. Like a real life reenactment of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. The kind of trip from which you need a week to recover haha.

^ I hear ya!
I think I'm forced to go back there at the end of this year for a bachlorette party, so I think that trip will definitely be a crazy one... heh

That'll be awesome o_O:heh:

The best way to enjoy Vegas is to bring a coupla hundred bucks to blow, grab a seat at the Rapid Roulettes or a cheap blackjack table with a cool dealer, and enjoy the free drinks.

The ritzy places are just magnets for douchebag frat fags and high rolling scumfucks. I like Tropicana and Bills.

he does have a kinda trippy tree statue/figurine thing. not so sure about the psychedelic glass ceiling, unless he had one installed since my last visit.

Yeah I have an incense burner that's basically a dead tree with a face on it. It really actually does look similar to the tree in that pic. It sits on my coffee table which is kinda trippy. Colored clay tiles with clear glass all the way around the edge. I have some pretty vibrant colorful posters on the walls and lots of christmas lights... but no big bright flower sculptures or marble floors hehe.