A "Novella" review in italian..translated by me

Violens

Jun 14, 2007
Here's the original one for those who understand or want to try..below my translation. The site is kronic.it . If it's uncorrect to post this here, please remove.

Ascoltate e imparate… giovane promesse

Quando una band giunge al sesto sigillo potrebbe perdere ispirazione. Non è il caso dei Novembers Doom.
Quando un ascoltatore si cimenta nella sesta fatica di un gruppo importante - come i nostri americani - potrebbe cadere in errore e cominciare a pesare tutti i dischi per realizzare un’ipotetica scaletta. Ecco. Questo non deve essere il nostro caso.

Lo sforzo di valutare “The Novella Reservoir” consta nell’evitare di farsi "pippe mentali". Dimentichiamo per un attimo che questo è il nuovo disco dei Novembers Doom. Freghiamocene che è stato mixato da Dan Swano e masterizzato da James Murphy. Pensiamo solo alla proposta musicale, a questo classico death/doom capace – però - di prendersi una parentesi alla Anathema, come in “Twilight Innocence”, e di spiccare in una scena non più florida.

Più death che doom, “The Novella Reservoir” è un album aggressivo, pesante ed intelligente anche se non propriamente innovativo. Piacciono gli inserti atmosferici e progressivi in grado di accrescere il fascino di una proposta ben strutturata e (da sempre) fondata su un’elegante semplicità. Per chiunque sarà improbabile (ri)evocare i fasti del passato ma questo disco merita la vostra attenzione.

3,5/5

Lux

Listen and try to learn..young bands

When a band comes to the sixth album, could lose inspiration. This is not Novembers Doom.
When someone listens to the sixth album of an important band -as the americans are- could begin (thus, being in fault) comparing all the outputs to rank them, but this is not the case.

To rate "The Novella Reservoir" one must avoid to think about it before listening. Let's forget for a while that this is the new Novembers Doom's. Don't care about the fact that is mixed by Dan Swano and mastered by James Murphy. Let's just think about the music, this classic death/doom, that is anyway able to have an Anathema moment, as in "Twilight innocence" and that comes out from a no more alive as once scene.

More death than doom, TNR is an aggresive, heavy and intelligent album, although not the newest stuff. Very good atmospheric and progressive parts make the whole thing, based since ever on elegance and simplicity, grow. Probably no one will get the past back, but this album is worth of all attention.

3,5/5

Lux