a personal question for EXCIAR

But the case that a circumcised penis is better looking than a natural one seems to me as if somebody is saying a vagina would look better without outer lips or the clitorial hood, or perhaps breasts without aerolas. It's a point of view I'd expect from someone who has at best seen pictures of sex on magazines or something and is making detached aesthetic judgement as if is looking at a Modrian painting... "too many vertical lines". "Simplicity is key". "Less is more".

Or one is in a high-class restaurant and he's browsing through the vagina and penis catalogue, deciding whether that'd be a dish he or she would be interested in tasting. For anyone that has a healthy (let's not debate the case too much) attitude towards sex, I think there are visceral desires that determine the likes and dislikes, not aesthetic demands.

Circumcision inherently desensitizes the penis due to all the rubbing and frottage that happens in underwear that is caused to the removal of the foreskin. There is more than the cosmetic and cleanliness factor of circumcision that un-married women like, ie the guy has less chances of coming in half a second. Once kids and marriage is in the picture, that whole point is moot, the faster he is off her the happier she gets...

I never said that circumcised penises look better--just that they, logically, smell and tastes better. Looking better is fairly subjective; smelling like piercing cheese due to "antibacterial" smegma might smell better to YOU, but I would say that the facts side with me there.

xfer, not to beat off a dead horse but smells and tastes: you have to take into account the biological effects the smells of aroused males and females have and how a point of view that obsesses over cleanness neglects them. For example, it's now said that the smell of male sweat was it? I think... anyway the smell of some secretion of the male body has a(n entirely subconscious) calming effect on females. Enter talk of pheromones blah blah you know...

A penis in the end is a sexual organ and sex is an atavistic function, much predating cultural trends, so most natural effects that occur about it also serve a function (one that is probably enjoyable in itself or heightens enjoyment too), and I find it kind of strange to sterilize... I don't see the need to dress up (my penis) as super-clean, pretty and put it on the cover of Metro magazine. Ugly and dirty and primal is what sex is about. Hygene is important in life, but it's going a bit overboard to snip parts off your penis to this end!

The bit about circumsised people lasting longer makes sense and is probably true. A desentitized penis. Wonderful. Since the head of the penis is akin to the clitoris, the female equivalent would be to snip off the hood so the clitoris is in constant friction with underwear and eventually becomes rough and unfeeling like a piece of squiggly rubber. How nice. It'll totally make her last longer dood. I enjoy this double standard about sex where we've gotten so neurotic about performance we're willing to sacrifice stimulation for LENGTH OF POUNDING NNNGH

the "hood" which is snipped off is the most sensitive part of the penis.

My friends here often make fun of me for having the penis of a Turk, though I have not gotten any comments, negative or positive from females, so either they don't really care, or they don't really examine what they are putting in their holes, or they are too embarrassed to talk about penises.

I didn't take a stance on circumcision, but I think the issue isn't "circumcised penises are not less sensitive than uncircumcised ones" or "uncircumcised penises are smelly", but rather "circumcised penises are less sensitive, but circumcision's still a good idea because ______" or "uncircumcised penises are smelly, but not circumcising's still a good idea because _______".

benefits of not circumcize is the skin protect the nerves so sensitivity last with you as you grow older, which ofcourse equating to busting a load faster. another is ofcourse the skin act as a light lubricant, so a bit easier sex/masturbation.

if you shower like everyday i really dont see what's the difference in cleanliness. also if the penis that dirty, maybe they should consider shaving off their pubs too, unfortunately i think some guys do that now.

the way i see it, evolution/god have it that way for a reason.

i think american people are over obsessed with cleanliness to the point of unhealthy though. like this chick as my tenant, she has to blow dry her hair when its not even wet. and the hair gets so thin and has no oil, so its falls off soo much. my tenants approach to healthy food is hilarious as well, they go about eating preserved and processed meat, but afraid to cook raw meet or ever let it warm out and have to cook it when its frozen, so they wont get sick.

btw, i dont have an answer to the original question.