A question about Vintersorg beliefs

who cares if some people want to worship vintersorg.. some people worship george bush.. some people worship luke skywalker.. if they want to admire someone thats their choice. i dont think that question qualifies as a worship..
if you wanna complain about how some people express themselves about a person who they admire make a diff thread.. who knows maybe we'll all end up worshiping you necra im sure that would make you feel better.
anyway s/he was asking a simple question that some of us might be interested in.. including myself .. this is my first msg here.. i was reading the topics and this one actually seemed more interesting than the other ones.. vintersorg does have his specific opinions and points of view.. he tries to express them in most songs he has.. and some people may not be familiar w these kinds of philosophies.. i can fully understand that someone who admires his work would ask him in a friendly matter to answer a question..

Flaming Spiral said:
who cares if some people want to worship vintersorg.. some people worship george bush.. some people worship luke skywalker.. if they want to admire someone thats their choice. i dont think that question qualifies as a worship..
if you wanna complain about how some people express themselves about a person who they admire make a diff thread.. who knows maybe we'll all end up worshiping you necra im sure that would make you feel better.
anyway s/he was asking a simple question that some of us might be interested in.. including myself .. this is my first msg here.. i was reading the topics and this one actually seemed more interesting than the other ones.. vintersorg does have his specific opinions and points of view.. he tries to express them in most songs he has.. and some people may not be familiar w these kinds of philosophies.. i can fully understand that someone who admires his work would ask him in a friendly matter to answer a question..

admiration and worship are completely different things. you can admire someone for something they do, that's just appreciation of what they do. worship implies that you honestly believe that that person you are worshipping is above you. and that's just silly, the man just makes music and has his own defined perspective on things. i appreciate his music, don't get me wrong, but worshipping is just ridiculous. i feel like i'm saying the same thing over and over, can't you people get this?

sparc said:
Hello Mr V. ! Everybody knows that you have some beliefs about Universe creation and about every nature functions. Could you tell us about it ? We know that you believe in a "Unditected Architect". What's your visions about it ? And what do you think about death ? Are us really only physical bodies ?!
So, tell us anything about some of your beliefs about humanity and the universe...

Man, you are great ! Hugs !! :tickled:

:headbang:

tell me that doesn't sound like some kind of childish worship. just replace vintersorg with any backstreet boy and anything about his beliefs with "dance moves" or some stupid shit (i don't know, what do boy bands talk about?) and it sounds like anything a 12 year old mtv junkie girl would say.

first of all worship is not a completely different thing from admiration... worship is a degree of admiration just as hate.. its the same just in different levels...(this is called the law of polarity i believe vintersorg might study this as well since he studies metaphysics and related material).. just so i can be more specific this law states that everything has a negative and positive side.. love has hate, hot has cold, truth has lie.. big has small,etc things cannot exist without an opposite.. the only thing in between those things is the level of intensity..
i just wanted to be specific i dont know even think you might care and this isnt even very relevant anyway....... i just consider he admires vintersorg but not enough to worship him bc there is no worship in that message.. honestly worship would be something like.. "you are a god".... "i would kill for you".. it just sounds like a friendly curious person to me... also like i said before you might find it silly that someone might worship another person for his music... but some people reach a level of appreciation that ends up in worshiping a musician.. its very common..

and i do get your point.. do not worship other people. unless there is a good reason for appreciating something excessively, maybe?.. but people will always appreciate different things.. so why dont you worry more about what you appreciate and less about what other people might wanna worship

hey sparc say something any comments?

Flaming Spiral said:
first of all worship is not a completely different thing from admiration... worship is a degree of admiration just as hate.. its the same just in different levels...(this is called the law of polarity i believe vintersorg might study this as well since he studies metaphysics and related material).. just so i can be more specific this law states that everything has a negative and positive side.. love has hate, hot has cold, truth has lie.. big has small,etc things cannot exist without an opposite.. the only thing in between those things is the level of intensity..
i just wanted to be specific i dont know even think you might care and this isnt even very relevant anyway....... i just consider he admires vintersorg but not enough to worship him bc there is no worship in that message.. honestly worship would be something like.. "you are a god".... "i would kill for you".. it just sounds like a friendly curious person to me... also like i said before you might find it silly that someone might worship another person for his music... but some people reach a level of appreciation that ends up in worshiping a musician.. its very common..

and i do get your point.. do not worship other people. unless there is a good reason for appreciating something excessively, maybe?.. but people will always appreciate different things.. so why dont you worry more about what you appreciate and less about what other people might wanna worship

hey sparc say something any comments?

because worship is just another means of distancing the artist furthur from its people. compare the connection between the artist and the fans of say, linkin park, to that of any lesser known band. for linkin park, it's all like some kind of press stint. for a lesser known band, they'll actually hang out with the fans and be there with them, without everyone flipping out and going into OMGZ mode. that is why i am concerned for the rest of you, not just myself. i don't want people worshipping artists, because that just creates more distance, and when you think about it, again, they're not some superior creation.

Another fossil is back..

So...if I understand correctly, it is now forbidden to ask questions to Mr V.....??? That's sad, as I would have been rather curious to read the answer to the original question.

sparc said:
Hello Mr V. ! Everybody knows that you have some beliefs about Universe creation and about every nature functions. Could you tell us about it ? We know that you believe in a "Unditected Architect". What's your visions about it ? And what do you think about death ? Are us really only physical bodies ?!
So, tell us anything about some of your beliefs about humanity and the universe...

Man, you are great ! Hugs !! :tickled:

:headbang:

this person is acting like V is some kind of oracle. How many times must i repeat myself? can ANYONE understand what i am saying (aside from some exceptions, like the person above)???

I guess that's a good point. Still, what if that was not what the person meant to sound like?

The way I see it, this guy(??) wanted Mr V's opinion on something...and maybe thanked him for his time before he would answer.

And, obviously, someone who makes such basic mistakes as <i>"Are us"</i> has basically no knowledge of english, and maybe it would have been a better idea to be a bit more tolerant.

I find making such a fuss over something as minor as someone idolising Mr V pointless, if not most likely a result of boredom. And, I bet he would have said something about it if he even cared. If I was in his place, chances are I'd be rolling my eyes wondering when some people are going to learn to live and let live.

And, if this person worships Vintersorg, well, good for him. If someone feels the need to worship anyone, Mr V is probably a good choice.

As for me, I simply have a very deep hatred of useless flamming.

Necramentia said:
can ANYONE understand what i am saying (aside from some exceptions, like the person above)???

You mean me? Wow thanks!
:worship:
Man, you are so great! Hugs !! :tickled:

Actually, I'd be kinda interested in hearing what Mr V. has to say about his beliefs - same goes for all of you out there. If we can keep everything polite and sensible maybe we'd understand each other a little better and maybe even learn a little about ourselves.

^No, you're great! Hugs!

But seriously, i agree with you. this kind of discussion should not be some kind of lecture by one person being revered like some kind of teacher, i'm always interested in people's views if they seem to have given things considerable amounts of thought. and i'm sure V would be just as interested in ours (yes, us lowlifes because he's SOOOO above us), because that's the best way to understand, as Coyote put well.

Maybe this would be a good time for me to point out that Vintersorg was wrong when he said element 118 was the heaviest element in nature, element 92 is... everything above uranium (except very very small quantities of plutonium and neptunium) has only been created in laboratories...

[ducks]

"Nature" is open to definition - after all, we are a part of nature as well, whether we act in her (and our) best interests or not. :p

Besides, some of those heavy elements may exist for short times as supernovae remnants. They would just decay too quickly to be of any importance.

I know that, but for all practical purposes, they don't stick around long enough to do anything, and more importantly I was trying to be a smartass... ;)