A statement from a Naturechild

Well there are no specific ways of birding, I think. For me it's really difficult to sit and wait. I prefer above all to just walk around and be focussed on birds around me. You have to stay alert to be aware of the color, way of flying, silhouette and/or the sound the bird make. Try to catch as much information you can and then you can determinate the bird (rank the bird by specie).
Man can learn a lot from both nature and themselves when birding, if only the birds help you to canalize your thoughts. :) Buzzards in courtship learned me lessons of trust per example.

Did you see Winged Migration? Maybe that documentary will make you a geese enthusiastic too. :)

the nearest experience i had to birding is to watch ducks, sea gulls and geese at the lake.
it was very interesting to watch them, their behaviours, their habits. plus it was love-period, so i also had the chance to shoot some little fights among ducks.
l_2dcd68e007b34c9aaf59b4cc3c2dc6f5.jpg

l_1c47370e6e62428d83ef1e978d2ca55d.jpg

l_d4217be79ed349c4be2eaf907a41d961.jpg

l_9aed1d7eef2e4177a24c355a55a6e3d5.jpg

l_60502f3d5d574cc8bd19ad0fda5dc946.jpg

l_d4729a353ec24be497f34243ae5a7477.jpg

l_54ddc5e2a6f64119aac366670670411f.jpg

yes i did them. it was the first time that i tried to photograph birds and i've learned it isn't simple at all.
they never stand still. one moment they are here, one moment they are in the air. you press your finger on the button and you realise it's too fucking late.
and ducks are really hard because of the color of their heads (i mean those ones with blu/green head). the colour is really dark and it needs to have direct sunlight to shine, so not always it appears good on photos.

Ah, I understand. It's one of the most common ducks and also one of the most beautiful in my opinion.
Talking about wildlife photography. This is one I did. I don't have any serious experience with photography but this fox was so close, about 2/3 meters or something. But I can imagine normally it must be far more difficult to take a photo of wild animals.

Ah, I understand. It's one of the most common ducks and also one of the most beautiful in my opinion.
Talking about wildlife photography. This is one I did. I don't have any serious experience with photography but this fox was so close, about 2/3 meters or something. But I can imagine normally it must be far more difficult to take a photo of wild animals.

what a nice fox!!!!
wasn't it scared? didn't it see you? it was really near....

No, he wasn't scared at all! Pure nonchalance, he demarcated his territory. Well, I know some young foxes are really nosy but this one is an adult and it surprised me that he wasn't shy!
I noticed the foxes from the woods are more nosy than shy. Foxes from the country side are definitely shy. They will approach 'human territory' but they don't want to be seen by people.

Hehe, I remember some years ago I was playing soccer in the whey of my parents, who live on the countryside. On a moment I saw a fox coming out of the hen house with a huge chicken, haha!

Wow, this is very interesting, thanks!!

A few hours ago I came across with this, I wonder if mr. V was inspired by it to make this experiment?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walden

I think it's a very amazing idea... My mom has a house in the countryside, it's beautiful and has a river going by in the middle of the land. Still, since I grew and have always lived in the city I don't go there very often, and I don't enjoy it as much as I should because 1) I'm not used to it, so unless you make something productive the only thing left to do is sleep, and 2) over the years I have developed a certain disgust-phobia for insects, and at least there (I guess due to the selvatic kind of landing we have in this country) they are very abundant, so I don't really enjoy it...

Just by curiosity, are there many bugs over there in the nature in your countries? Or is it just here?

For the Dutch speakers, I did read 'De hutten van het Barrebos; een idealistische enclave op de Veluwe' from Afke van der Toolen. It deals with a similar to the enterprise Pems mentioned. The story takes place at the Veluwe area. Really interesting.

Pems@ yes, we have them here too, especially last year. :) But is don't rouse me...