A question to Mr. V

Saturniidae

eerie weirdie
A question to Mr. V. May be a bit personal as it's not connected with the music, but still:
Do you work at school as a teacher? If yes, how do you like this job? Your general experience, thoughts and impressions?

Hope Andreas will notice the thread and answer someday :rolleyes: I'm really very curious about it :oops: studying for pedagogic speciality as well.

i didn't know where to write this post....
i have thought that opening a new thread would be quite boring and also useless...
in fact this post is direct to mr V (as the topic itself) in the sense that it is a sort of thanks, but the matter is that now i don't really care if he reads this post or not...it's rather an outburst....
it has been an hard period to me....in 1 year and 3 months this fucking creature someone calls God (hope no one believes, if yes forgive me) took away my two granparents, and now, last week, my father....
as usual vintersorg's music is helping a lot....gives me the inner peace, and the strenght to go throught all this shit... and it's really hard....
so thanks for being always even if indirectly present in my life.....a warm shelter from life's kicks....

sorry for being pathetic :erk:

i have thought that opening a new thread would be quite boring and also useless...
in fact this post is direct to mr V (as the topic itself) in the sense that it is a sort of thanks, but the matter is that now i don't really care if he reads this post or not...it's rather an outburst....
it has been an hard period to me....in 1 year and 3 months this fucking creature someone calls God (hope no one believes, if yes forgive me) took away my two granparents, and now, last week, my father....
as usual vintersorg's music is helping a lot....gives me the inner peace, and the strenght to go throught all this shit... and it's really hard....
so thanks for being always even if indirectly present in my life.....a warm shelter from life's kicks....

Condolences... it's alright to be sad and angry. No one will fault you for it. I am sorry for your loss, and hope the family and friends that are still with you are able to support you in this difficult moment. I wish I had more to offer than these puny words of comfort, but it is the best I can do!

As for Mr.V in the original question by the poster... if he's getting a Ph.D., it generally takes some years (I'm in my 5th year already, and I probably won't graduate until next year at the very earliest). So I'd assume he's still in school. However, you generally do teach while getting your degree, so it's possible he's teaching!

HERE HERE!
As Naglfar says, it is okey to be sad, especially with such as this. And I do agree with you about this, you see I have had some rough moments in my life, just one I went through - really BAD! Thankfully, I got back 'to myself' by listening to Mr. V. Which is, in a ways, kind of odd... his songs aren't too personal, and if so... really hard to see. But, it is the atmosphere, I think, that helps a lot. I cannot explain, and I am sure you know what I trying to say. The songs, sometimes, make me sad in a way, but sad in a good way - like they remind me of good times with old friends or they make me very happy when I listen to them because of the sound and the text. The text brings a special element to life, I feel.
Generally, he makes me feel better with not only the music, but you see... he is such a hard worker, works very hard in what he does - gives all and full heart/belief to what he is doing, music or otherwise. Much inspiration! Which is why, I feel, that he is under-rated - or not given the respect and consideration he should deserve. In my eyes, I think he should be well up there with respect with people like Tony Iommi, Richie Blackmore, Freddy Mercury, ummm and various important people such as so. He should be very lucky(and I am sure he feels this) to have a forum/fans such as we... who respect and follow his every dream.

So my question is, in essence to that, are we inspiration to him?
I often wonder......

I hope things are better for you, my friend! You know, I never had a real father... he left when I was at a very young age and pretty much, the closest thing I have to a father-figure, is my great grandfather, but he is not here and back at home, so I cannot even see him much.

\
life is full of ups and downs, be strong get through with music and friends.:cool:

Sorry to hear that, lefay82... but well, death is a natural process of life, and despite the fact that is really hard, is not the end of the world, I hope you have the strenght to move on :). Also, remember from Benjamin Button... "Benjamin, we're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?"

I didn't knew that mr V was getting a Ph.D, what is he studying?

Take care!!

:erk:

I am sorry :( I hope you feel better now!
I understand perfectly what you mean about Vintersorg music, he is always there in an invisible way to console our souls, thanks for that Mr. V!

You can contact me by myspace if you need someone to talk or something :)

Hugs to you!

lefay82, sory to hear that... hope you have enough support to overcome your pain...be strong.

I didn't knew that mr V was getting a Ph.D, what is he studying?

Here is the interview where he speaks a bit about his studies http://www.avantgarde-metal.com/content/stories2.php?id=48

'How does the fact that you teach and study teaching influence your music and lyrics (more generally your way of doing art, your creative process)?' -

that actually says that he already teaches at school... anyway, I'd still be happy to hear from him whenever he finds a minute to visit the forum).

Svarthjärtad;8077660 said:
HERE HERE!
As Naglfar says, it is okey to be sad, especially with such as this. And I do agree with you about this, you see I have had some rough moments in my life, just one I went through - really BAD! Thankfully, I got back 'to myself' by listening to Mr. V. Which is, in a ways, kind of odd... his songs aren't too personal, and if so... really hard to see. But, it is the atmosphere, I think, that helps a lot. I cannot explain, and I am sure you know what I trying to say. The songs, sometimes, make me sad in a way, but sad in a good way - like they remind me of good times with old friends or they make me very happy when I listen to them because of the sound and the text. The text brings a special element to life, I feel.
Generally, he makes me feel better with not only the music, but you see... he is such a hard worker, works very hard in what he does - gives all and full heart/belief to what he is doing, music or otherwise. Much inspiration! Which is why, I feel, that he is under-rated - or not given the respect and consideration he should deserve. In my eyes, I think he should be well up there with respect with people like Tony Iommi, Richie Blackmore, Freddy Mercury, ummm and various important people such as so. He should be very lucky(and I am sure he feels this) to have a forum/fans such as we... who respect and follow his every dream.

So my question is, in essence to that, are we inspiration to him?
I often wonder......

I hope things are better for you, my friend! You know, I never had a real father... he left when I was at a very young age and pretty much, the closest thing I have to a father-figure, is my great grandfather, but he is not here and back at home, so I cannot even see him much.

i was sure that someone would have understood what i wanted to say :)
it's a sensation and a feeling that cannot be explain, and you're right when you say it's quite odd cause vintersorg's songs are not so personal, but i think that it's the love that we, that i feel for his music that makes me feel better.....everytime i listen to his music (especially to vintersorg itself) i feel touched inside, i don't know how to explain it in another way, every single time....it seems to be a cure for everything, i'm always in the right mood to listen to him...if i'm sad or depressed he helps me to feel better, if i'm okey he brings me happyness....

and you're asking a good question, if we are ispiration to him :lol:
i don't know, and i suppose not....but i hope he will be glad to know he has such affectionate and addicted fans :)

my father went away from home when i was 17, so i have some good memories to cling to....but they not so many....in the last 9/10 years i've seen him not so many times, and we have had a very bad relationship, due to some of his decisions and behaviours..... so i'm quite divided between rage and pain....
but he was still my dad, and a such thing cannot be forgotten....

Aye! We see 'eye to eye' about this.
But you see, Lefay... I understand what you mean. Even though he was not around, he was still your father. And not that he did things that were REALLY bad, but he still did wrong things. This is not uncommon and it is okey to feel these conflicting ideas. You're not sure what you want to feel, yes?
I think with everybody, no matter how much we love a person, there are always going to be downsides to a relationship. But what you say, he has done some good for you and I think you should be proud of this (which I'm sure you are), because, some fathers... they don't do anything. I have not seen my father in soo many years, I think I was five or seven years of age when I saw him last.

I am not a psychologist, but the best advice I can give you...
Take what good he has done and cherrish this. However, take the bad and use it to your advantage. Like... to learn from his mistakes so you do not follow this path. I don't know what your relationship status is, but if when you have family of your own, you learned from this to not make same mistakes, in essence, you will be a stronger person because of this. I would say "don't let this get to you", but it is easier said than done. So I would just say for you to take the good with the bad, let your emotions be what they may. You may not think of this in such a way, but I feel that you are more in anger than pain - or so it sounds to me.
He was not there for you and his actions and behaviours were terrible. It sounds to me like you're more upset that he is gone, with leaving you in a low relationship. If, persay, he would have left home when you were much much younger, it really wouldn't bother you that much. And like I say, this feeling is nothing to be ashamed about, it is common within most people and totally understandable and respectable. Because, what person would not have these mixed feelings like you have?

Ehh... sorry for writing a bok. Hehe. I hope I have opened up your eyes or made you think or made some positive outlook on you. If not, like you say... just listen to Vintersorg, it will help some! :)

my father went away from home when i was 17, so i have some good memories to cling to....but they not so many....in the last 9/10 years i've seen him not so many times, and we have had a very bad relationship, due to some of his decisions and behaviours..... so i'm quite divided between rage and pain....
but he was still my dad, and a such thing cannot be forgotten....

I've seen my own dad less and less in recent years. He went off, married a stripper, lost hundreds of thousands (maybe millions?) of dollars trying to turn a crackhead stripper into a nurse. I have no idea why men end up doing this kind of thing, but they do. Hey, I love my dad, he's a good guy. But if he had his priorities right, he'd see me a lot more and not fight with everyone in my family. I personally don't find it useful, however, to be angry about the fact that he prioritizes sex, money, and living the way he wants to over family. And let me tell you, my dad tries really hard to not be that way; he just can't help it. Not knocking on your very understandable anger... just cautioning you to not let it consume you.

Like the good fellow above said, I have no great advice to give you (yet I do it anyway implicitly, because I'm an asshole). But your parents are human, and are not immune to the general fucked-up-ness that comes with being a person. Again, I'm sorry your dad passed away. The music can soothe and give perspective, but I hope you can come to terms with his death.

Lefay82, mi dispiace molto, spero che tutto sarò bene. (I hope I said that in the right way, if not do correct me please :) ).

I wonder how Mr.V felt if he read those previous posts…. The same happens to me, I feel very relaxed when hearing his music, and at the same time I feel his passion. He really is a good musician because his music gives me goosebumps, and that is good.

Thanks Andreas! You and your music make this world a better and more bearable place!

Lefay82, mi dispiace molto, spero che tutto sarò bene. (I hope I said that in the right way, if not do correct me please :) ).

I wonder how Mr.V felt if he read those previous posts…. The same happens to me, I feel very relaxed when hearing his music, and at the same time I feel his passion. He really is a good musician because his music gives me goosebumps, and that is good.

Thanks Andreas! You and your music make this world a better and more bearable place!

I would think that his goal would be complete. A lot of musicians say "As long as my music reaches out to some person, then my goal is complete". Mr. V has much more to be proud of, ye know. I mean, he has countless projects, and all of them touch us. Most musicians have one, maybe two. He has nine(unless I'm mistakingly missing one) - some are still around, some aren't, but they were all a great success and spoke to people soo much and all around the world. Which in my mind, is very rare and strange, because Otyg is all in Swedish... people still love it and feel/understand it even if they don't know the language. He has a lot to be proud of, a very highly-successful and hard-working man if you ask me! All of his projects and university and job? WOW!

I almost failed gymnasium(almost like a high school) because of working and my music. This gives me much inspiration or insentive to multi-task when I went to university.

Here here! I thank you, too, Andreas!

Now this thread once again turned into one with many topics under one umbrella :)
Lots to read...

@ Pems: Benjamin Button, isn't that a great movie. Very moving.

@ lefay: wishing you the strength and patience you'll need to cope with things. Svarthjärtads approach (the thing about transforming the downsides to something positive) sounds good and is probably even one of the best - but unfortunately painful and tough to realise. Good luck anyway!

@ all: we may have totally different views on various things but isn't it nice we're feeling similar in regards of Andreas music? :) For my part it often "only" involves listening to awesome music but over the years there has been these moments I was deeply thankful for all his gifted works. Not getting more pathetic than this now. But I had to jump on the bandwagon ;)

sooo late, i've to go out...
i'll reply completely to everybody later or maybe tomorrow...
thanks for the support and nice words...

@gaunerin: ops...it's my fault if we went off topic....but it's nice to not have a moderator who controlls us :D
i've turned the conversation into a :notworthing: topic :lol:

too many things to say and i'm sure i will forget something :p

@svart: i understand what you say and i'm sure all this suffering will make me a better person and a stronger person....i'm not married, and i don't think i will, my boyfriend and i both come from divided families and we both think that if we love each other there's no need to marry....it's nice to choose to live together every day because is your choice and not because you're married and in a certain way obliged, cause you promised eternal faithfullness...he is 11 years older than me and he is now the next thing i have to a paternal figure in my life....he helped me (and still helps) a lot during all this years and was always present.
i think that the thing that hurts the most by now is that i've not forgiven my father for what he had done, i've always thought that someday i would have done it, when i would have been older, maybe with children, and some things he has done or said wouldn't have hurted to much as today....but this will not happen anymore...i was not given this chance....and it's sad....it will happen only in my heart and not really...

@naglfar: my dad cheated on my mother for so many years, i discovered that and he still refused to say the truth even when it was manifest....then he started to behave like an idiot, he started to not care anymore the family, economically and emotionally, he went away leaving us into the shit, and he never turned his back....
i don't criticise him for having a new woman (or i should say women), it's possibile that two persons don't love each other anymore, or that a man falls in love with another woman, it's perfectly human.....but i criticise the way.... you cannot treat your family in that way, you cannot be a perfect father till the day before and then turn into a total bastard.....i mean, did he really loved me, did he really care, or was he pretending? how could it happen a such changing????
after some year he started to have problems, financial and healthy, even if he treated us as shit we tried to help him, and he???' first he asked help, then he refuse it, i still rembember and i'm sure i will never forget a sunday morning (or i should say saturday night, it was 5 am i had gone bed 2 hours before) when he called me from the hospital, he had a black eye, he didn't want to tell me how he hurted himself, he was in front of the hospital and he didn't want to enter, i had to bring him inside with force, and after that he told me litterally "fuck you, i don't care about you"...
this was the last time i tried to have a relationship with him....after that i've seen him for a year or more, never spoke on the telephone and no lust to do it....you see, it's not right to try to help a person and be kicked in the ass by that person as thanks....so...

@defiance: the right way to say it is: spero che andrà tutto bene :)
but you were on the right way, very good :p

@gaunerin: i've noticed a funny thing. my two favourite artists are vintersorg and king diamond. speaking with people in real life and on the net i discovered that these two artists are united by this thing: their fans are totally crazy and really love their works to madness...but i try to explain better...
if you ask for example to a metalhead if he loves king diamond he will give you two kind of answers:
1- i really hate him, i can't stand his voice...bla bla bla
2- i love him, he's my god, he's the best singer/writer/artist of the word...
so opinions vary from total worshipness to extreme hate....there's not a middle range of listeners who appreciate him but in a moderate way, only the two extremes...
and this thing happens also with vintersorg fans, from one side the worshippers, we, and from the other side the one that don't care....
it's weird :lol:

now....who has done the book???? :oops:
sorry for errors, i've written the book from work, between a thing and another!

Oh, not getting married is probably the best thing a person can do! I will, don't get me wrong, but if you think about it... what makes marriage? A documentation? Church anouncing to God? A government thing? Love? NO!!! Love makes love, not marriage or anything. I don't see why to be only in 'true' love do you have to get married. I don't see this, but hey... oh well. And besides, if that person leave or wants divorce, it is a big settlement in court. Hehe. What if they do not grant you? You're fucked.

Hehe. Of course you forgive now, something extreme has happend. Typical psychological behavior. Well... for him being out of your life so shortly, it is kind of comes natural to forgive. Like I say, if he were to leave home when you were five years or something, you really wouldn't have much to forgive or forget for that matter; because, he would have been out of your life for a very long time. He went from being "father of year" to being, like you say, a cheating bastard. As for him saying that he does not care for you. Perhaps, this was just something he say to make you feel bad and maybe give him sympathy? If he did not care, why the telephone call?
I don't know him, so I cannot really say too much. I only know what you say, so my judgement may not be entirely so understandable for you. You see?
But I honestly think that he did care, but he lost it when he started his 'new life'. You see this a lot in USA. Guys, they will get girls pregnant and love them 100% then, but when or after some time the baby is born, they leave. Perhaps, bordom? I don't know why.
Do you think that he would have done the same to his new 'woman'?
Like have a child and leave after some years, I mean?

COngrats on the book! :) Hehe.
If you do not understand this, ask what you don't understand.... I'm tired and not very comprehendable (is correct word?) right now.

and this thing happens also with vintersorg fans, from one side the worshippers, we, and from the other side the one that don't care....
it's weird :lol:
hm, I'm not so sure about this. I for one, consider myself a fan of Vintersorg, but it's not like I'm totally crazy about his music, like so many people around these forums appear to be. Just got most of his work and listen to it every once in a while. Now that I think of it, it must have been at least a year since the last time I listened to a Vintersorg album, although I played the Havayoth album in the car yesterday night when I drove back home :)

There was a time though, a few years ago, when I played his albums to death for several months straight, after I was introduced to his music by a friend of mine, but that passed quickly.

Hehe. I mean no disrespect, my friend.
But I think you don't see what we do. And I don't think that She ment fanatical and worshiping the grounds Andreas walks. I consider myself a die-hard fan, but I could give a shit less about what kind of peanut butter he uses or what beer he drinks. It is nice to know he is going for PhD, but I'm not loosing sleep. I care about his music, that information, would make me loose sleep. Hehe.

Summing that entry up would have been like: "I am just a mediocre fan and not as big as others. This is my opinion!", simple and to the point.

Sorry for sounding like a weiner. I did not mean to, you see?

@defiance: the right way to say it is: spero che andrà tutto bene :)
but you were on the right way, very good :p

Ah merda, only one word hehe! :p

Svarthjärtad;8081927 said:
I would think that his goal would be complete. A lot of musicians say "As long as my music reaches out to some person, then my goal is complete". Mr. V has much more to be proud of, ye know. I mean, he has countless projects, and all of them touch us. Most musicians have one, maybe two. He has nine(unless I'm mistakingly missing one) - some are still around, some aren't, but they were all a great success and spoke to people soo much and all around the world. Which in my mind, is very rare and strange, because Otyg is all in Swedish... people still love it and feel/understand it even if they don't know the language. He has a lot to be proud of, a very highly-successful and hard-working man if you ask me! All of his projects and university and job? WOW!

I almost failed gymnasium(almost like a high school) because of working and my music. This gives me much inspiration or insentive to multi-task when I went to university.

Here here! I thank you, too, Andreas!

:kickass: