A Question for Mr. V

NovembersDirge

Angry Metal Guy
Apr 18, 2001
Uppsala, Sweden
www.angrymetalguy.com
Normally I'm not in the habit of posting stuff I get from the fanspace, but I did get a really interesting question recently from a dude on MySpace who wanted to know this:

"I know the myspace is not official, but I've taken some interest in Vintersorg's metaphysical and mathematical lyrics. Would you happen to know from what books Vintersorg derives his lyrics from? Is there a way you could contact him and ask him what books he would recommend for someone interested in philosophy?"

Well, as I don't have any direct contact with you, I can't answer this. But I'm sure this guy isn't the only person who's interested in this. So I thought I'd pop on and drop the question.

Normally I'm not in the habit of posting stuff I get from the fanspace, but I did get a really interesting question recently from a dude on MySpace who wanted to know this:

"I know the myspace is not official, but I've taken some interest in Vintersorg's metaphysical and mathematical lyrics. Would you happen to know from what books Vintersorg derives his lyrics from? Is there a way you could contact him and ask him what books he would recommend for someone interested in philosophy?"

Well, as I don't have any direct contact with you, I can't answer this. But I'm sure this guy isn't the only person who's interested in this. So I thought I'd pop on and drop the question.

hard question, to give specific books I mean. My perspectives incorporate a cluster of books and branches on the tree of philosophy. I like Kierkegaard, Descartes....but also from people that aren't really philosphers but more like scientist, like Dawkins etc. Still, a romantic side of nature and how things reveal themselves is also a part of the game.

mr V
(heading for studio work)

hard question, to give specific books I mean. My perspectives incorporate a cluster of books and branches on the tree of philosophy. I like Kierkegaard, Descartes....but also from people that aren't really philosphers but more like scientist, like Dawkins etc. Still, a romantic side of nature and how things reveal themselves is also a part of the game.

mr V

Are you a fan of Peter Nilsson? Like Mitt i labyrinten and his other more metaphysical works?

Are you a fan of Peter Nilsson? Like Mitt i labyrinten and his other more metaphysical works?

Yes, he's master when it comes to sci-fi in swedish and also his more scientific work is great too. Actually Gravisphere started off pondering on subejts he's been writing about. Both I and the other guy Andreas Stendlund are great fans of NIlsson, so it was very natural that we came to a point whn our discussions ended up into something musical.

mr V

Yes, he's master when it comes to sci-fi in swedish and also his more scientific work is great too. Actually Gravisphere started off pondering on subejts he's been writing about. Both I and the other guy Andreas Stendlund are great fans of NIlsson, so it was very natural that we came to a point whn our discussions ended up into something musical.

mr V

My girlfriend is a big fan of his, I've been meaning to read more myself. I had started Arken, but got sidetracked by school work and other projects. Back at it, I guess. ;) I love the conceptual work.

mr V

Very cool to know that you like Descartes, he was just great!
I drew him (like 7 years ago) because I have always been in love with his investigations & stuff! I used to read a lot about Newton but there was (always) something that I didn't really like in him, then when I read that Descartes was a kind of Newton's influence/master I got very interested in Descartes and I felt that he was the great one! Well I still admire all the investigations of Newton but I don't really like the guy :p
This is my drawing (not so good as the one that I did of Mr. V, I wasn't good painter in that time, well maybe not now either, haha):

descartes1.jpg

This is my drawing (not so good as the one that I did of Mr. V, I wasn't good painter in that time, well maybe not now either, haha):

descartes1.jpg
i think it looks great! to be honest i like it more than your Andreas' drawing :oops: maybe because i've met him and seen tons of his pictures and obviously none of Descartes... what image did you use to draw this picture from?

i think it looks great! to be honest i like it more than your Andreas' drawing :oops: maybe because i've met him and seen tons of his pictures and obviously none of Descartes... what image did you use to draw this picture from?

Hihihi ok : )
I cannot find the image that I used :/ I guess because it was an old one from the school (when I didn't use internet, haha) but this image: http://www.princeton.edu/~modphil/descartes.jpg is pretty much like the face that I drew, just that he got crazier eyes in my drawing, haha!