Question for Mr V.

matt2006

Aug 4, 2006
My first post in this forum:) I am a massive Vintersorg fan, and I think Otyg is one of the most 'magical' (for want of better word) bands of all time:worship:.

My question is one that has been brought up probably a million times but i've never really seen a solid answer, so a reply from the man himself would be sweet.

So i've heard a third Otyg album was written, but the band broke up before it was recorded. My question is how was it written- notated, demo'd, or just all memorised? Not that i'm expecting to hear any of it anytime soon, just wondering if there is any documentation of it or is it just gone forever:cry::p

Sorry is this has been done to death (which i would expect it would have)

Matt

My first post in this forum:) I am a massive Vintersorg fan, and I think Otyg is one of the most 'magical' (for want of better word) bands of all time:worship:.

My question is one that has been brought up probably a million times but i've never really seen a solid answer, so a reply from the man himself would be sweet.

So i've heard a third Otyg album was written, but the band broke up before it was recorded. My question is how was it written- notated, demo'd, or just all memorised? Not that i'm expecting to hear any of it anytime soon, just wondering if there is any documentation of it or is it just gone forever:cry::p

Sorry is this has been done to death (which i would expect it would have)

Matt

Heh, yeah it has been done to death. No demos were made whatsoever so it's safe to say it's gone forever. The only thing you may be able to find is the live-version of the track "Gastkramad" and the lyrics for three of the songs.

Heh, yeah it has been done to death. No demos were made whatsoever so it's safe to say it's gone forever. The only thing you may be able to find is the live-version of the track "Gastkramad" and the lyrics for three of the songs.

Hey Draugen, I know you had some "issues" with your site a while ago (how's it going with that btw?)but I got the live album from you before that.
Don't remember the lyrics though, where they also at your site? Or is it something you've found from other sources?

Hey Draugen, I know you had some "issues" with your site a while ago (how's it going with that btw?)but I got the live album from you before that.
Don't remember the lyrics though, where they also at your site? Or is it something you've found from other sources?

Yeah, I pretty much had all Otyg-related stuff earlier. Now I don't even have the live album anymore. The internet account the page was on is long since abandoned and the whole homepage is on my crashed harddrive, so I don't see it ever resurfacing again...sorry... :erk:

But I have seen the lyrics somewhere else online. Don't know where though, and I'm pretty sure it was only for TWO songs; "Dans På Blåkulla" and "Kontraktet".

Yes, the band broke up shortly after the live album. I think there were a total of three or four songs complete for the album. ONly one of them were played in the live concert when it was recorded.
I'm pretty sure some lyrics of the album have been leaked to the public and if you look around, I'm sure you can find them - as Henrik said.
I have yet to find them.
:(

By the way, Henrik! Your page kicked ass! It was good for a new V-fan - had loads of information for people. It is a shame it was shut down or whatever happend.

I agree, that was probably the greatest fan page (hell, even better than most official pages) of any band i've ever seen.