Originally posted by Vintersorg
.....A voyage in science and fate
To disrobe the acceleration from zero
To dive into it and investigate,
Terrifies even the bravest hero

In the corridors of time we’re sons,
Entrapped in lonely spaces
But star dusted electrons
Are my kinsmen, just with odd faces...........
I hope the album will be educational :p

Originally posted by Ziuwarian
As you said yourself Lordenlil - Quantum physics is about quantums... from what I learned, a quantum is a "Object" without matter (that wouldn't allow to call it object anyway, since an object is defines by mass)

Many laws of quantum physics (if they are at all already laws or just hypothesis) are not applicable on atoms or anything larger within our universe, but in the scale of quantums, those nature laws we have so far are not applicable as well, that's why I said it's nothing about atoms, of course I know how a LASER works, that the electrons are absorning the energy of the quantum, but that's where quantum physics end then. Hope I get my point across somehow :D

The problem is to unify the laws of the quantum physics with those of the "common" physics however. I wonder what other sorts of physics there still are somewhere, on the other extremeties of the universe... who knows?

Ummm, and that quote you used as a description of quantum physics, I'd never read such a definition myself before. It'd be correct to say quantum physics an be used to describe the behavior of energy and mass on atomic an subatomic levels.

Nuclear physics however deals with atoms, Electrones, Protons and Neutrons. Would be an interesting subject, too.

Anyway, I'm not willed to turn this into some discussion, so let's put this to sleep (or pm me on that matter, I'm interested in physical discussion in private! :D )

Anyway, thanx Mr. V for some response... nice to see physics getting integrated so nice in music hehe :) I like those lyrics... now I can hardly wait anymore for that album...

Ok -we'll put it to sleep... and I promised myself I would never go
into political, religious or technical issues.. but I just couldn't help
myself!! ;)

1) A qantum is not without matter! Quantum stands for _very_
small /extremely small if u will. Nothing is nothing..

2) All laws are hypothesis. Nothing will ever be truly proved in a
scientific view (examen philosophicum learnings ;) )

That's what I said, quantum is a borderline :) It has no mass, so it can move with lightspeed, something an object with mass could not.... ok, really, we should stop ehehehe. You do have some really good sense of physics, I approve! :) *pats on Lordenlil's shoulder*

You are both ignoring my Biology post. You are unchupi both of you :bah:

And why should you stop? That is what this thread is all about is it not?

*pats Phyros's shoulder as well*
Ok ok ok!!! We can talk about that too! I'm actually good at
biology. That was much easier than chemistry and physics.
In high school I jumped the 2nd yr of biology, too physics instead,
and then returned the 3rd year. And I aced it! yeah me!
What u wanna talk about. Evolution? I assume you read Darwin's
works??

Yes, do that :D
My problem with biology is that I mostly know stuff in Norwegian
terms, not that well in English...

Phyros, u need to start with...

"uaaaaaaaah, evolutioooon....."

Now u do the rest...

Originally posted by Vintersorg
This is just random words, totally taken out of it's texture, I just wanted to show that I actually uses "electrons" in a lyric.

.....A voyage in science and fate
To disrobe the acceleration from zero
To dive into it and investigate,
Terrifies even the bravest hero

And you use acceleration! oooh yeah.

As for the "Quanta" issue, I've never heard anything described as quanta. I always thought of quantum theory as saying that everything (except, probably, space-time) is quantized. Ah well.
I always like a good science discussion...

Aha! Now we know where V shops! And I who thought you was
only in the woods collecting food and hunting :cry:

@Phyros: Yesterday you were sad because we didn't talk biology
with you... and then I started a conversation specifically for you..
NOW - why don't you reply? :( :D

Originally posted by Lordenlil
Aha! Now we know where V shops! And I who thought you was only in the woods collecting food and hunting :cry:

:lol:

Sorry, I don't feel I can contribute much to this topic I did only very average in physics/biology at school............so I join astarte and hope the album will be educational :D

i personally think organic chemistry is about the coolest subject ever... i keep a world of synthesis in my head... just because i spent far too long memorizing it all in the first place.
conceptual physics rules as well, but the series of equations bore me somewhat. its understanding concept that make the numbers have meaning...
biology, however, leaves something to be desired. i'm currently procrastinating for my next exam in molecular cell. this message board keeps me from memorizing the function of umpteen histone proteins... *snooze*

anyway, i think its incredible that one can have such a grasp of both language and science, mr. v's perspective is always thought provoking and original. and as a complete and utter nerd, i thoroughly enjoy it.

...back to the goddamn textbook, and cosmic genesis :)

I've written lyrics about "QUANTUM MECHANISM FOR MASS GENERATION IN DIFFEOMORPHISM" also...

mr V

Hehe :)

Anyway, just noticed how bad my english gets :/ Reading the topic title I noticed I mistook genesis for evolution... ahem, well, Vintersorg, you surely do some genesis with your music, tho! :)