a question for blakkheim!

no it was times before that piece from the gods... the gt-3 came onto the scene in 1999 i think....

ravendusk: cheap les paul gibson guitar clone called fresher -> boss metalzone pedal -> marshall amp
phantom lodge: cheap flying v gibson guitar clone called cort -> boss metalzone -> marshall amp

Blakkheim

i also wanna ask a question;

Soon we are gonna start recording our debut album and tomorrow i will buy a Boss Gt-8. Do you recommend us to record rythm guitars with boss gt-8 or should i use an analog distortion (mt-2)?

p.s: i'd like to hear other forum members opinions too

Thank you

for rhythm guitars, i would recommend amp distortion from a good amp. no pedal of any sorts will ever beat that. for lead, clean and effect guitars, the GT-8 is your paradise.

good lukk with the recording!

The only problem I have with GT's is, when you use the 4 Cable Method, you lose all characteristics from your amp's clean channel, cos it simply goes around it. That's why I stopped using my GT-6 since I bought a Hughes & Kettner Triamp a few months ago. Nothing can beat the clean channel of a Triamp so it would be a total waste of money...

Blakkheim said:
no it was times before that piece from the gods... the gt-3 came onto the scene in 1999 i think....

ravendusk: cheap les paul gibson guitar clone called fresher -> boss metalzone pedal -> marshall amp
phantom lodge: cheap flying v gibson guitar clone called cort -> boss metalzone -> marshall amp

Wow.You did those albums with a Cort and Fresher and a mt2.
Why didnt you borrow one of guitars of Dan Swanö.
Anyways they dont produce mt2 anymore.
For my opinion the best sound that you have is the one at Nightwork album.