A question for Nightingale.

Hey Folks!

I have been bugging the organizers of the RITES OF SPRING FESTIVAL (ROSfest) to get Nightingale over for 2006. Alas, the 2006 edition of ROSfest was this past weekend and the third annual...no Nightingale. ROSfest does a good job of planning ahead, so I was bugging them since last year's festival. George, one of the guys behind the fest said he would take my consideration for 2007. Again, I am on him to try to get Nightingale on the bill. I guarenteed him it will sell out!

Those unfamiliar with ROSfest and are into the more progressive side of things really should check out the fest - www.rosfest.com

It was quite an amazing experience last year at 2005 and even this year at 2006. Be on the look out for the Norwegian band MAGIC PIE ... they BROUGHT DOWN THE HOUSE and were only one of the early afternoon bands!!

I think ROSfest is a good possibility for Nightingale, even for being a band from out of the country. This year's ROSfest, out of 11 bands, 8 were from another continent, 1 from Canada, and only two from the US. The folks running ROSfest treat the bands well, and it is really a fan friendly festival, with most all of the bands hanging out over the weekend with everyone else. As all of us experience here with the fine fine folks in Nightingale, I think it would go over well in festival setting as such! To my knowledge all expenses are usually paid for and there is quite a good group of people running the sound for the festival. Plus bands make a killing off of the merch there. A last minute addition of JOHN YOUNG on the Pre-Show night fared well, as he made almost $2,000 on CD sales alone! Just as an opening act!! Prog fans like to spend money! hehe

Here's to NIGHTINGALE for ROSfest 2007! Maybe it will bring some new faces to the festival. If you're willing to go, let me know, I'd be sure to tell the guys over at ROSfest to MAKE SURE TO GET NIGHTINGALE!! :headbang:

Allen

Unicorn said:
They were absolutely great! I want to go to their show in Essen too, next thursday.
Shall I buy you a ticket again ;)

thank you :) But I ordered already one from the net (kartenhaus.de), it should arrive on Monday I hope. It costs a bit more now (less than at eventim, though), but since this all was a last-minute thing, I didn´t wanna take any risks of sold out venues. We`ll see on thursday :D And get a map ;)

[everyone sorry for slightly off-topic :)
It was like this, that Unicorn and I only meant to see one concert of the tour, but since it was so incredibly grand, we have to go to the other one in this part of Germany, too ]

Naglfar: if you consider something like this, it should be a city where they know from record sales to that region how many interested people would come.
Actually it would be good to know record sales of NG/EOS/BB to all regions in the US, from mailorder like The End and Century Media and record stores, plus making a poll on the net, where every fan enters their city, so they´d see where the demand is high enough for a concert to make sense. The opening slot to just some random band might be nice, but nicer would be if it was a band that fitted music-wise to NG. Flying over to the US is too much work if you then come to the wrong place or a desinterested audience.

fireangel said:
thank you :) But I ordered already one from the net (kartenhaus.de), it should arrive at Monday I hope. It costs a bit more now (less than at eventim, though), but since this all was a last-minute thing, I didn´t wanna take any risks of sold out venues. We`ll see on thursday :D And get a map ;)

[everyone sorry for slightly off-topic :)
It was like this, that Unicorn and I only meant to see one concert of the tour, but since it was so incredibly grand, we have to go to the other one in this part of Germany, too ]

Naglfar: if you consider something like this, it should be a city where they know from record sales to that region how many interested people would come.
Actually it would be good to know record sales of NG/EOS/BB to all regions in the US, from mailorder like The End and Century Media and record stores, plus making a poll on the net, where every fan enters their city, so they´d see where the demand is high enough for a concert to make sense. The opening slot to just some random band might be nice, but nicer would be if it was a band that fitted music-wise to NG. Flying over to the US is too much work if you then come to the wrong place or a desinterested audience.

Well, I mentioned NYC, because it's the only place other than Chicago where you'd see more than a small quantity of metalheads lingering around. You should check NYC metro area sales if that's what'll detemine the viability of getting them over. But I can't see how with proper advertising a NYC show would be risky. The other place I'm thinking of, Chicago, has had a lot of metal bands play at the House of Blues; I've seen Amorphis, Moonspell, Dimmu Borgir, Cannibal Corpse, Lamb of God, Motorhead, The Haunted, Kovenant (man, they sucked), and some others there. I know In Flames and Shadow's Fall played at HOB Chicago, too. You could have November's Doom open for NG, or vice versa.

Naglfar: that sounds good, I don´t know the situation in the US, and where are most metalfans/Nightingale-fans, so that´s why I suggested to check these things.
I don´t know if stuff like that got checked for the European tour, or if it just depended on what the booking agency thinks and where they have connections to, but as I said, for something so elaborate to organize, especially the timing of the visa stuff now and the higher costs, it needs to be made sure that it´s all worth it.
PS: some things are of course obvious, so not much market research needed, like the moscow gig, you can expect that every fan who hears about this gig and lives in the area, would show up, because it´s so rare; or the concerts at Progpower Europe, there is quite a fanbase interested to see them in that town of Baarlo and travel to there.

But the gig at Progpower US was in Atlanta, if I´m not mistaken, so a southern city. And yes, probably the best would really be to team up with ND or such.

We need an Opeth, Hypocrisy, Katatonia, and Nightingale tour. Then for the encore they perform two Bloodbath songs. Cry My Name with Mike, then Eaten with Peter.

Tumn said:
We need an Opeth, Hypocrisy, Katatonia, and Nightingale tour. Then for the encore they perform two Bloodbath songs. Cry My Name with Mike, then Eaten with Peter.

DROOL