A question i havent seen

Taotrac

Aug 30, 2006
Is the band's name "Novembre" pronounced like "Novembray" or just "November"

I know that spanish pronounciacian would pronounce "Novembre" like "Novembray" and spanish comes from italian (or vice versa)
So...was wondering if anyone could clear this up? maybe with like a video or something where someone kinda official says their band name.

First of all, both Spanish and Italian come from Latin.
As for your question, Novembre is pronounced noh-VEHM-breh, or [no'vɛmbre] if you're able to read that. :D

I always thought it would be pronounced like "Noh-vehm-bray" like it would be if it was spelt like = Novembrè ...with the E having a accent, cuz e's at the end of words in latin are pronounced with accents usually....but "breh" and "bray" are pretty much the same sound, i think the only difference is Americans make the natural "eh" sound more like "ay".....

but idc lol as long as the band's name isnt pronounced like "november" or else ide have been pronouncing it wrong and ide be disapointed cuz the word "november" would seem so unoriginal to me...

but it might sound unoriginal to italians like how it is.....is "novembre" the usual word for "november" in italian?

Well, to make it simpler, the final "e" of Novembre (but also the first one, lol) is pronounced like the "e" in "bed".
Also, "novembre" can't be stressed on the last syllable because it doesn't have an accent. If it were spelt "novembrè" then the stress would be on the final e.
And yes, novembre is the usual word for november in Italian. It does sound a bit unoriginal : P