A question for Rhoaders

Missiles

Confusing avatar! :O
Jan 2, 2004
Approachin'
Hi! I know that a lot of people here have either a Randy Rhoads or a ESP KVH ( or something, I think is name is like that ).

So here is my problem: I recently ( six months ago ) bought a Randy Rhoads on a german webpage. It was a RX10D, so it came without case.

A few days ago, I went to a store to look for that sexy Jackson Official Case. And when the tender told me the price, I was like " :OMG: ". 275 FUCKING EUROS!! Shit, that's too much money for me, and just for a "simple" box. So I left the store running and crying... snif snif... :ill:

I haven't got a guitar case yet, but I have seen a cheaper one from Gator ( as far as I know they make good cases ) on the same german webpage. Here is the link.

I was wondering what cases do you use for your RR/KVH, and how much money did they cost ( if they didn't come with the guitar ).

Thanks!

I have 2 Jacksons with moulded hardcases and both of my cases came free with the guitars, but i can tell you to buy real jackson case.. Just ebay it or buy from the US or soemthing.

Yep, case comes free with higher series.

But, if I bought it on eBay, the shipping ( especially from USA ) will be too expensive, because I live on a remote island, near the coasts of North Africa, territory of Spain. The Canary Islands, don't know if you know them. :p So, at the end, it will cost as if I bought it brand new.

Both my Rx10D and my KV2 came with free cases though, it must just depend on the dealer.

I say if you care for the guitar, go all out and buy a good case...

if not, get the kramer Vanguard case from musicyo.com

i bought my cases used, one from Guitar center, and the other from an independent seller.

Haha, exact same problem here, just in my case the problem with the case (what a wordplay...) is that it's sold out everywhere at the moment... There is actually a cheaper one that can, however, be used for all extreme Jackson shapes at a time; it's about 139 to 169 euros depending on where you order it. At the moment, I'm not using a case at all, just carrying the thing round like that... Which makes it impossible to jam with anybody who doesn't have a car. Rrrgh.

Hehehe, good too hear that I'm not alone in the world. :D

Yeap, I think I will buy that Jackson Universal Case at the end. However, I'll have to live with just one kidney for the rest of my life. :D

hahahaha......

pretty soon i'll be looking for a case that can fit a 24 fret rhoads :D :D :D

i'll probably buy the cheapest rr3 or rx10d with "case included" i can find on ebay. then maybe sell the piece of junk in a gigbag and keep the case :) :)

delt said:
hahahaha......

pretty soon i'll be looking for a case that can fit a 24 fret rhoads :D :D :D

i'll probably buy the cheapest rr3 or rx10d with "case included" i can find on ebay. then maybe sell the piece of junk in a gigbag and keep the case :) :)

Just start a thread on Harmony Central Reverse Spam for a case. I got a rhaods case for my White one. A rhoads case is a Rhoads Case, 22 or 24 fret.

delt said:
> A rhoads case is a Rhoads Case, 22 or 24 fret.

yeah, maybe with an extra 3/4" of the fretboard sticking into the body..... :ill:

This is bob, over at Leprosy's house:

My 24 fret rhoads fits snugly in my second case, it's a rhoads/King V case, so it accomodates the 24 frets