Guitar electronics question...

I'm thinking about fixing up a Rhoads and I have a lack of electronics knowledge so I need a direct answer from one of you...
So if a Rhoads has a 3 way pickup toggle and I dont want it there and only want one pickup in the guitar (bridge). How do i take the toggle out and what do i do from there, as far as electronics go. How would i wire the knobs or whatever so that just that one pickup works?
Any usefull advice would work wonders...
Thanks

if you remove the pick up it'll look weird.
and I just don't understand you... if you have 2 why do you wanna have 1? OMGALEXI?

^ No I just never have a need for the other pickup(s). Also it's a money saver. Yup I'm cheap...I know how to fill in holes and whatever it's just i dont know how to wire the mechanics so that the guitar would actually work.

Maybe I'll just wait untill Elysian comes online.

corn_off_the_cob said:
@ Peti
I play all kinds or Rock and Metal.

@ Scalpel
I dont have the pickup yet, but it's probably going to be an EMG 81.
then you gotta use the neck pu.
it gives you a cleaner sound \m/

I think that if you're going for H/H, the combination that offers the most balanced sound is 85 on the bridge and 81 on the neck.
Don't go for 'unique' though, go for what suits you best ;)

BloodyScalpel said:
I think that if you're going for H/H, the combination that offers the most balanced sound is 85 on the bridge and 81 on the neck.
Don't go for 'unique', go for what suits you best ;)

Really? Because the site says that the 85 is most common in the neck.
Thats also what I've seen in most guitars.

corn_off_the_cob said:
Really? Because the site says that the 85 is most common in the neck.
Thats also what I've seen in most guitars.
Well, it's just IMO, but the emg 85 being a bassy pickup, it sounds muddy on the neck position, whereas the emg81 is too bright to be used on the bridge, except on mahogany bodied guitars.
As I said, you must try to see what suits you best:cool:

Alright thanks much!
What Rhoads would be the best to fix up...I'm think about the RX10D.
Good choice?

Sorry about all the questions, it's just that you guys are the only ones I can talk to that know about guitars lol

corn_off_the_cob said:
Alright thanks much!
What Rhoads would be the best to fix up...I'm think about the RX10D.
Good choice?

Sorry about all the questions, it's just that you guys are the only ones I can talk to that know about guitars lol
Haha, ask gavin, jack and bob how they like their modded RX10Ds. :D great choice.
Silver Incubus said:
thats what I use, sounds good. 85's are really bright, and 81 are a bit darker in tone
I think you confused the two of them:Smug: