RX10D or RR-3?

no its on the lower fin, probably at the worst possible spot. i like to put the vertex of the fins against my leg,
PB140319.JPG
<<<<<<like this, but if you dont have a right angle jack its going to be very uncomfortable, i have a wireless, and it had a straight plug so i shanged it to a right angle plug and now i feel no discomfort.

thanks everyone. i've never had a guitar with a trem [i've played one of course] before but if the one on the rr3 really is crap, i can still get a real floyd rose or something nicer, right? about how much would one cost? is it much of a pain in the ass to change it?

Same question as blazing up there... I have a PS4... great guitar, I love it, but hate the licensed floyd. Which would it be economical and good to change to? A real Floyd Rose, one of them Schallers... (do they even fit on the PS4??)??? I'm not very big on tremolo knowledge.

HA mine has 2 output jacks, one on the lower wing like the rx10d, which was already on the body, and i made a "strat" style angled one on the upper wing, like most rhoads have, because having the wire stick out from the lower wing is damn annoying when you're sitting down. i can come up with some wicked wiring ideas with this ... -)

for changing trem (or trem parts) it's really not difficult at all, the most "difficult" thing is to pull out the bushings for the mounting posts (where they screw in) out of the body and put the new ones in. You HAVE to change them, because Schaller, and most "licensed under" posts are narrower than original Floyd ones, it will fit but it will put much more tension at the center of the "knife edges" on the baseplate. The real ones are better made and much more precise to adjust anyways.

To pull them out, i usually screw the mounting post in, cover it with a cloth so i won't damage it, and carefully pull it out with a hammer's "nail pulling" end, with my other hand between the hammer head and the guitar body. And to put new ones in, i take a piece of wood about the size of a pencil, but larger so it won't get stuck in the bushing, then use it to -gently- hammer the bushing into place.

For prices of bridge and parts, see AP international - www.apintl.com - they hold the original floyd-rose trems. or you can try to find one on ebay..... at the risk of getting ripped off.

ummm watch out for Replacing the Licensed FR people, i talked to a guy the other day and he said it was not possible, since the Licensed cavity is not exactly the same as a Real FR. i dont know if this is a big deal, but it could turn into a real hassle, so. . .dont say i didn't warn yous guys

> he said it was not possible, since the Licensed cavity is not
> exactly the same as a Real FR.

nah, unless it's a really weird, mutated version of the floyd-rose design it will fit.

The only problem i had with changing the one on my PS-II was that original floyd-rose clamping screws are longer than the schaller type ones (they were sticking further behind the trem, past the cavity) so my "pulling upwards" range was kinda limited by the screw ends pressing against the guitar body.... i solved the problem by simply cutting off the tips of the screws (where they go into the little blocks) and redoing them with some hard sandpaper. Works marvelously well.

delt, is there a height you need to adjust the floyd rose to so that when you dive down the whole way or whatever it lands EXACTLY on a note, or do musicians just go by ear and the full dive just gives some off-key note?

Coz I think I'll need to be adjusting some things on my floyd rose since the tension seems so great that when I tune it to E (im in D currently) the floyd rose bridge lifts and my action goes like a centimetre up, haha.

shit..yeah, you need to tighten the 2 screws in the back of the guitar, that hold the "claw" in place, where the springs are attached. then re-tune your guitar.... basically with a floating trem you have to recalibrate it so that it stays flush horizontal with the guitar body when the strings are in tune. There are some gadgets like the "tremsetter" which (try to) take care of this problem ... but that is one disadvantage of a floating trem ... you have to recalibrate it when you change tuning from standard to D or whatever. I normally use D'addario XL, but i find Dean Markley .009 to be excellent for tuning in D.

and for dives landing on a specific note, ... it's just practice. the higher strings tend to be slightly more "elastic" so they respond less to the whammy bar dives.

Seems i am the only one in here owning a gibson les paul, well it's the best thing I've ever played and many people agree that. Anyway about the jackson thing, did someone say 1 of them is bolt on? I would certainly not go for one of these, it's big crap, buy one that's neck through, but then it's a metter of personal taste.

A bolt-on can be just as playable as nech-throughs, if you're clever enough to make some small modifications on the body :D

anyway i'm perfectly happy with my self-built 24fret RR, i find it plays even better than a neck-through RR.

and i HATE les paul's, especially the shitty tune-o-matic bridge.

as you said, matter of personal taste. To me there's nothing like my very customized RR, i haven't ever played on any other guitar that i like better.

My uncle has one of them limited edition 70s gold plated Les Pauls back overseas, still haven't played it. I know the best thing I HAVE played is a PRS Custom 24... great sound, great feel, even though its probably alot better to Alexify your playing on a Jackson.