RX10D or RR-3?

i wouldn't trade my self-built "Razorback Rhoads" (24 frets, hum/single/hum) for a rr1 or rr3 or rr5 or rx10, or any other guitar :D

anyway i couldn't because it's not quite complete right now :) :)

I jusr bought a RX10D cause i hate pickguards and its the only RR without a pickguard.
That and i spent £120 on pickups already and stuff so i didn't wanna spend a LOT!
:headbang:

ladyjustice said:
just an observation... Am I the only one with an Ibanez guitar?

AMEN! Jacksons might look good but ANY decent player will tell you that an Ibanez neck is simply.. slicker...!! So the expensive Am. made Jacksons origionals are kick ass but a simple buck for buck guitar will leave a jackosn wishing for more.. IMO.
*Jackson RR3 and Ibanez 350 owner*

> AMEN! Jacksons might look good but ANY decent player
> will tell you that an Ibanez neck is simply.. slicker...!!

Not kelly necks. I -way- prefer the ke3 neck that i used on my rhoads to the regular rhoads necks.

matter of preference really. Jackson, Ibanez, & BC Rich are the 3 best guitar makers in the world.

cool! welcome to the uh....
Jacksoncharvel/Ibanez/BCRich/Other good guitars club :) :) :)

Jani Limatainen(spelling?) of Sonata Arctica also uses Ibanez. and Rusty Cooley uses 7-string Jackson and Ibanez.

ralf : glad to know that! :) which model do you have? I have the GAX70BK...I know that guitar has a very non-metallish look..but oh well..

I kinda agree with mammoth from what all I have heard, I myself have never owned a jackson guitar yet...so cant actually judge it without using it..

and hey delt how can you forget Fender in your 3 best guitar making companies...? or lets say PRS..?

^ I am not sure about that but fretboards can always be changed. My friend got a good Jackson one on ebay for only 60$. The old frets can usually be re-used also, if they are not worn too much by strings cutting into them. I dont exactly know how it is done...

The Child Of Bodom said:
Is it really possible to put 24 frets when u only have 22 on your guitar ?

Delt is Living Proof....

And Delt, i dunno, i have my 24fret warlock. I might just leave it as it is.

I do however want my bevels painted.
Anyone have any idea how much this may cost or if i can do it myself??

Hey guys, you know if i can get Floyd Rose installed my neck through RR5??? And get 24 frets? And the same question as needled, get the bewels painted... and removed those stupid pickguards...

Pickguards is easy

unscrew the knobs then take the screws off and then put the knobs back on.
In theory it should just be normal....

dont hold me to that though, i just know that was the case with a fender i mutilated :headbang:

@ needled: Jackson Pickgaurds are not like fenders, meaning that if you remove the pickgaurd, everything will fall out, and your have 4 or 5 big holdes in your guitar.

@ stoned: RR5's can not be changed to a FLoyd Rose, there is a Different Routing Scheme thene on the FR guitars

@ the Child, the 21st and 22nd frets on my fackson are not good, but i doubt the ones on the RR3 will be any better, but, in all truthfullness, the only differences between the RX10D and the RR3 is that RR3 has a pickguard and more tone/volume controls. I will post Pics of my guitar in about 10 minutes after i eat some breakfast.

@ delt: im just kidding about the name man, the mane has got to be original, much like the guitar. also, i see youve been listening to Stratovarius - Infinite lately, i love that CD, is Visions any better, everyone from COB says visions is their favorite album.

To remove a pickguard on a RR you'd need to redo the entire control cavity area on the body .... and for painting the bevels, i'd do that at the same time, so you can put one clear coat on top of the whole body afterwards.

and for modifying a string-thru/tunomatic body for a floyd-rose, it's also more modifications on the body, 1. depending on the routing in the body, you might need to patch some places with fiberglass, 2. you need to redo the entire bridge cavity to the right shape for a floyd-rose on both sides of the body, which alone is around $100 labour. anyway to redo the one on my RR it took me a lot of very careful measurements and precision, or else i would have fucked up the body.

A difficulty i had when drilling the 2 holes for the bridge posts, is that where the new ones are, there was an angled humbucker cavity, which i patched with fiberglass. So one hole was in the wood (alder, very hard) and the other was half in the wood, and half in the fiberglass. I just made bigger holes, patched them with fiberglass, and re-did the holes of the correct placement and size in the fiberglass. I installed 2 steel rods one on top of the other right in front of the posts to make sure it's solid enough. So far nothing has snapped or fell apart (yet) :D