RX10D or RR-3?

well my ultimate is my custom, with possibly a RR1 as a back up, but my cerrent jackson is slowly turning into a RR-LL

i went with the rr3, cos the rx10d guitar cable socket thing is on the bottom fin, and it just pissed me of playing sitting down with the cable sticking into u, i got my rr3 for £100 less than the retail price anyway

on the rr3 they should scrap the pickguard and do all the wiring in the back instead of the front though, and add some binding, then it would be perfect, apart from licenced floyd, pickups and not being a neck thru

when i get really good i'm either having an rr1 or an esp sv standard, custom paint job though :p

well ive never played Jackson myself but my dream guitar is a jackson custom shop RR-V, prob black with some pin stripes and ofcourse EMG 81 and 85...

btw, i paly an ibanez 1570 with wizard prestige neck...how woud a thin u shape from jacson custom shop or just a jackson neck in genral compare to the prestige neck?

@bobvex-what are the specs of an RR-LL? never heard of it!...

im getting a rx10d and customizing it new pickups and gold hardware. but there pretty much the same specs

-Gavin- said:
My Custom RR wont be jackson.
Lol
as i said to you, i'm building my own with a Warmoth body and jackson neck.

Haha, funny you mention that... I just did the same thing, except I used a Warmoth neck. The warmoth body is really nice, except that the input jack in on the lower fin... kinda a pain in the ass.

Hope yours turns out well. What type of pickups are you using? and how are you going to paint it?

I should post some pictures of mine...

just so you know people, the RR-3 is a mixture of the RR-1 and the RX10D, RR-3 is bolt on maple neck, licensed Floyd rose, and same tone controls as RR-1 (2 Volume, 1 tone), and shitty pickups. so if I were you, id go with the RX10D, its no worse then the RR-3.

Then use the money you saved to buy a set of Blackouts or 81's
It's a flippin No-Brainer.
Personaly, though, I'm getting the $550 Trans Blue RX10D and getting a set of 81/89s on it. Im hopin it'll be sick as shit :headbang:

Haha, funny you mention that... I just did the same thing, except I used a Warmoth neck. The warmoth body is really nice, except that the input jack in on the lower fin... kinda a pain in the ass.

Hope yours turns out well. What type of pickups are you using? and how are you going to paint it?

I should post some pictures of mine...

The Jackson body has is on the lower fin to.... :err: