A question for Rhoaders

HalfpintHenkka said:
unless there's a bass out there shaped like a Rhoads a bass case won't help:)

Hmmm... There are cases without the shape of the bass/guitar inside. Anyway, I will buy the Jackson Universal thing finally ( Damn, two months without eating... ).

delt said:
> A rhoads case is a Rhoads Case, 22 or 24 fret.

yeah, maybe with an extra 3/4" of the fretboard sticking into the body..... :ill:

Both my KV2 and RR fit in both the RR case and the KV2 case..

....2 more frets does not change the overall dimensions of the guitar in anyway, all it does it move the neck pickup back towards the bridge a little bit, and add 2 more frets on the fretboard...the cases aren't so specific as to allowing extra depth in the case for the fretboard, it's just the general shape of the guitar, any standard V case will accommodate an RRV.

actually a 24 fret rhoads will be a little bit longer. Bob built his by having the neck (like you said) sticking 2 extra frets length into the body, but mine has a standard size neck pocket and the bridge is simply a bit closer to the neck to respect the scale (string length) .... so overall it's maybe 2/3" longer than a "conventional" 22fret rhoads.

I prefer it this way since you keep more playability on the upper frets if they're not sticking too deep into the body.