Explanation for Metal Head87's signature...

You have a point Dead Winter. It often strikes me that so many English-speaking folks laugh at other people's accents or errors when speaking English. It's pretty pathetic, since many English speakers are monoglots.

Yeah, that too! I especially love it when someone makes fun of my accent but can't write proper English to save his/her life... Often at school *I* would proof-read my class mate's papers...

but... no everyone is like that of course...

Speaking of... You know what really bugs me? English speaking tourists who go to a country and expect *everybody* to know English. I just want to punch those poeple.

Yeah, that bugs me too. But on the other hand people who are not willing to communicate with tourists in any other language that their own bug me even more. For instance when I go to Croatian sea or to Italy to shop I can understand some people don't speak English there but sometimes I think they just don't want to speak to me or anyone else anyway. They expect me to know Croatian/Italian just because I come from border country which is insignificant and way too small for them to even bother to understand the language. I mean, I can't possibly speak all the languages. I speak 5 languages already and I'm really fluent in 3 of them, so when I come to Italy I try to communicate in English if it doesn't go well then Romanian which is a little similar or if I come to Croatia then I speak Slovenian/Russian and I know that if they tried they could understand me but no way they would try.

Yeah, that bugs me too. But on the other hand people who are not willing to communicate with tourists in any other language that their own bug me even more. For instance when I go to Croatian sea or to Italy to shop I can understand some people don't speak English there but sometimes I think they just don't want to speak to me or anyone else anyway. They expect me to know Croatian/Italian just because I come from border country which is insignificant and way too small for them to even bother to understand the language. I mean, I can't possibly speak all the languages. I speak 5 languages already and I'm really fluent in 3 of them, so when I come to Italy I try to communicate in English if it doesn't go well then Romanian which is a little similar or if I come to Croatia then I speak Slovenian/Russian and I know that if they tried they could understand me but no way they would try.

Oh, yeah there is always that side as well... that's annoying as well.
When people try though....I really hate it when others make fun of their English... at least they are trying.

Of course, the worst people are those who live in a multilingual country and refuse to speak any language but their own. Here in Belgium, we have half a country that is too chauvinistic and arrogant to speak the language of the other half, while we have no qualms with speaking their language when we go to their side.

Fucking Walloons.

Speaking of... You know what really bugs me? English speaking tourists who go to a country and expect *everybody* to know English. I just want to punch those poeple.
Tourists in general bug me. I can't stand it when they get in my way, then have the audacity to start asking me for directions

I give the wrong ones on purpose. Someone once asked me for directions to Times Square. I was in a rush, and this person was pretty much asking me about a billion different addresses, which was really getting on my nerves. I couldn't believe how anyone could possibly have trouble finding it, since mid-town is so easy to navigate, so I gave them directions to the water.

Yeah, that too! I especially love it when someone makes fun of my accent but can't write proper English to save his/her life... Often at school *I* would proof-read my class mate's papers...

but... no everyone is like that of course...

Oh yes... sometimes it's hard for me to understand people who don't speak English as a first language, but I'm patient with them and try to understand. What really annoys me are the people who were born and raised here, by English-speaking parents, who don't have even a rudimentary grasp of English. Between rednecks and ghetto trash, it's getting to the point that one must be fluent in several different variations of English to communicate anymore. And the schools? They're only perpetuating the problem. Higher test scores are demanded constantly, but there are no wage increases for teachers. It's much easier to lower expectations than to actually try and teach these moron kids anything.

/rant

I've never had anything to do with rednecks, so I can't speak from experience.
But from what I've heard of redneck English, It's much more coherent and intelligible than ghetto talk.

Whit the fuckin' cunt is an "ernin"? Ah swear, their grasp o' proper language gits worse by ev'ry passin' minute. Jungle bunnies.

Ernin= earnings
Learn some ebonics from the Spirit Of Truth

Last edited by a moderator:
Whit the fuckin' cunt is an "ernin"? Ah swear, their grasp o' proper language gits worse by ev'ry passin' minute. Jungle bunnies.

totally laughing my fucking ass off at the mental image of NAACP bitching about this post

Ernin= earnings
Learn some ebonics from the Spirit Of Truth

As hard as I try not to sound racist or xenophobic, I can't help but find silly buggers like him to be quite an insufferable listen. Fair enough, a loud, Scottish, avid footie fanatic (for example) can be just as obnoxious, but still.

EDIT: Haha, I actually smirked a bit towards the end. What an arse.

Last edited by a moderator: