A question to Lee

Sonm

Curse You All Men...
Aug 14, 2002
I was wondering is it common for a band or a label to pay for an interview or review? For instance like it was with FS and let's say Kerrang or Metal Hammer?
Thank you for the reply. PM or e-mail is also appreciated :))) CHEERS!

We never pay for any review or interview. Maybe you're confusing it with the telephone expenses? When a journalist phones a band to do an interview, it's normal for the label to pick up the bill for the call. That's all though!

There are certain magazines (who I will not name. None of the very big ones though. It's usually large fanzines who pull this trick.) who are more likely to interview a band if the label takes an advertisment, but we never fall for that stuff.

Lee

I see... Thank you very much. I was really surprised that one journal wanted to interview us, but asked... 600 bucks for that... So I'll send them to hell. No, I gues sending them to an bugger ass will be better.
Cheers!! :)

When I was trying to get some bands featured in Power Play, the editor told me outright that they don't have room because they have to focus on bands from labels who actually advertise with them.

Mark said:
When I was trying to get some bands featured in Power Play, the editor told me outright that they don't have room because they have to focus on bands from labels who actually advertise with them.
That's one of the ones I didn't want to mention.. At least he's straight up about it, but you have to wonder about a magazine where the music takes second place to the finances.

Sonm said:
I see... Thank you very much. I was really surprised that one journal wanted to interview us, but asked... 600 bucks for that... So I'll send them to hell. No, I gues sending them to an bugger ass will be better.
Cheers!! :)
That is just crazy. You should definitely send them to an bugger ass! :)

Sounds good. But I don't want to mention their sucky name... because it's gonna be a good ad tho. Anyway, thank you for your advises gentlemen! :wave:

C'mon!! It was a typo... of course I meant An old bugger's ass... but for some reason word old disappeared... But I can record that for you, no problem!!

WELCOME TO AN OLD BUGGER'S ASS!!!!
HELL COMES TO AN OLD BUGGER'S ASS!!!
ASS!! ASS!! ARSE!! ARSE!!
SHITE SOURCE!! AGRRHHH!!! SHITE!!!
HELL IS COMING AS WE ARE ABOUT TO EXPLODE
ANOTHER ASS OF AN OLD BUGGER!!!!
SHITE!!! SHITE!!! ASS!! ARSE!!!

Does that sound good for a grind hard core song?

Sonm said:
C'mon!! It was a typo... of course I meant An old bugger's ass... but for some reason word old disappeared... But I can record that for you, no problem!!

WELCOME TO AN OLD BUGGER'S ASS!!!!
HELL COMES TO AN OLD BUGGER'S ASS!!!
ASS!! ASS!! ARSE!! ARSE!!
SHITE SOURCE!! AGRRHHH!!! SHITE!!!
HELL IS COMING AS WE ARE ABOUT TO EXPLODE
ANOTHER ASS OF AN OLD BUGGER!!!!
SHITE!!! SHITE!!! ASS!! ARSE!!!

Does that sound good for a grind hard core song?

:worship: :worship: That, sir, is ineffably brilliant. However, methinks that instead of grindcore, it would make an excellent slow, high-school-dance type of song. Yessiree. Nothing embodies the romantic throes of youth like those lyrics.

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
He said grind hard core, you an bugger ass.
Yeah. I still have trouble with all the genre stuff. Either way I think that I'm right in suggesting that it would be an excellent slow-dance song.