a question to Skyfire.

DeFy

MAJESTIK MASSACRE
Jun 15, 2004
Swamphell
what are your guys' biggest influence? and what currently lies in the depths of your cd players.

i'm a huge kalmah fan, but also into the technical death/thrash side of things. I think what makes you guys different from COB and the others is that you guys are very technical, neo classical as all fuck and even though you don't have solos (which would be fucking killer if you did) you guys still kick ass.

any new CDs for the upcoming future also?

DeFy said:
what are your guys' biggest influence? and what currently lies in the depths of your cd players.

i'm a huge kalmah fan, but also into the technical death/thrash side of things. I think what makes you guys different from COB and the others is that you guys are very technical, neo classical as all fuck and even though you don't have solos (which would be fucking killer if you did) you guys still kick ass.

any new CDs for the upcoming future also?

I guessed im influenced by all the bands i like in one way or another. Currently my cd player has been occupied by Scar Symmetry, Symphony X and Embraced. 3 very good bands in my opinion. About your last question we are still working on new material, but i dont know when (or on what label) the CD will be released.

symphony x is a killer group :headbang: i'm sure you also like stratovarious, kotipelto, lost horizon, rasphody, paradise lost, insania, and kenziner then also. ALSO - DO YOU PLAN ON LAYING ANY KILLER GUITAR SOLOS ON THE NEXT ALBUM?? OR MAYBE JUST RECORD A SOLO AND POST IT... i wanna hear you play a damn solo., it would be so amaZing

yeh, well i havnt really had much to add to 37 threads called 'why doesnt skyfire have solos' or 'skyfire should have solos' or 'skyfire would rule more if it had solos!' guess what kids, if they wanted fucking solos in the fucking songs theyd put em in there. geez. so whats new with you?

you know someone's a noob when they want solos thrown into songs randomly. at first you're like HOLY SHITE but eventually you get sick of powermetal bands or whatever that just play superfast solos for 5 minutes every song. those solos never stand the test of time. i like the fact that skyfire doesn't force them into their songs.
but anyways, the boys are right.. this solo thing is getting older than your grandpa's loose dickskin

and yah, what was up with the paradise lost bit? :zombie:

i never fucking get sick of guitar solos in songs. are you crazy - the solo is the heart of the song. and until skyfire puts solos in their songs, i'll will keep saying something about it, because i wanna hear them play a fucking solo! (i'm not trying to be anoying)

and i just threw paradise lost in with the bands i mentioned because i was talking about power metal bands so blah :p

DeFy said:
i never fucking get sick of guitar solos in songs. are you crazy - the solo is the heart of the song. and until skyfire puts solos in their songs, i'll will keep saying something about it, because i wanna hear them play a fucking solo! (i'm not trying to be anoying)

and i just threw paradise lost in with the bands i mentioned because i was talking about power metal bands so blah :p

I bet you probably like Sonata Arctica, Angra, Kamelot, Gorgoroth, and Dragonforce, huh?

And speaking of Dragonforce, I listen to them so I already get enough fretboard masturbation.

Final_Vision said:
When the solo is the heart of the song...
- You're listening to Yngwie Malmsteen
- Black metal doesn't matter
- Light of Day, Day of Darkness is a pretty short song
- Flower metal > power metal

Solos are fine but they're nothing without a nice set of riffs to surround it with.

i like jason becker better than yngwie :p

also, dragonforce sucks , the singer sounds like phil collins and gorgoroth is black metal. (but i heard gorgoroth throws in solos, is that true????)

Gums said:
hahaha:lol:

Does anyone here not have a dad that listens to Phil Collins? :cool:

My dad listens to Metallica, heh. Actually he listens to everything ever. Except disco. And Phil Collins. At any given time he'll be listening to contemporary Christian, and yet he came with me to see Motorhead.