A Question...

Jack Damien

The Voice of the Fog
Apr 20, 2003
Hartwell, Ga
Ok, this has probably been posted a million times before, but I'm gonna ask again. I need to know of some more bands...Well more than I do already. I read some of your posts and I have never heard of the bands your talkin about. Just so you know who I've heard heres a list:

Opeth (Through Iced Earth)
Iced Earth (I heard the name on a show)
Porcupine Tree (Through Opeth)
Katatonia (Through Opeth, still not very keen with their music though)
Dream Theater (Through Iced Earth)

Those are the main ones and try to keep the bands you name not Satanic or whatever or Hardcore metal. I've heard of other bands (Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir) but they just kinda bore me at times but still great bands nonetheless. But thanks in advance to anyone that answers me. Until then . . . . . . . . . . . . See-ya.

How do satanism,Cradle Of Filth and Dimmu Borgir have anything to do with each other? Other than the last two being fucking terrible bands,but that's an opinion.

Shining - Angst
Primordial - Spirit the earth aflame
My Dying Bride - The dreadful hour
Borknagar - Archaic course
Anekdoten - Gravity
Paatos
Anathema - Judgement

You should check out Vintersorg. "Till Fjälls" and "Ödemarkens Son" are the best albums, but of course everything the man has done is genious.

Also Otyg (Vintersorg on vocals and guitar, more "folky" than his solo stuff), any and all Borknagar, the first 3 Ulver albums, Arcturus, Finntroll, and Empyrium if you like acoustic/mellow/folk stuff.

Hmm, try some of the following:

melodic death: Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Soilwork

doom/dark rock: Anathema, Katatonia, My Dying Bride, A Perfect Circle

That should be a pretty good start for the more genre based stuff. If you want some more bands that mix it up a bit, try Amorphis, The Old Dead Tree, some stuff like that. ehh, I'm tired, I'll think of some better stuff later.

Don't forget Forest Stream, which in my opinion is close to what opeth+katatonia would sound like if combined.

Birgith said:
Don't forget Forest Stream, which in my opinion is close to what opeth+katatonia would sound like if combined.

Oh, ok, I haven't heard of those guys before. Are they any good? I know if you are recommending them, then they must be, but do you have any more information on them?
Thanks.

Check out the symphonic death/doom band Morphia. EXCELLENT stuff!! Go to:
http://www.morphia.nl/
Then go to the download section and try out the song "When Silence Fell". There is actually better songs of their latest album "Frozen Dust", but this is still a great song.

Blessings...